• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Contacts in Outlook Web Access

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Contacts in Outlook Web Access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Contacts in Outlook Web Access - 2.Feb.2002 11:14:00 PM   
homeostasis

Is there any way to display a company wide contact list within Outlook Web Access??

How would I go about creating that if there is a way??? Do the contacts need to be entered in through Active Directory???

Thanks in advance

Post #: 1
RE: Contacts in Outlook Web Access - 5.Feb.2002 6:54:00 AM   
I'm not sure what your asking.

You can have a Public Folder that is a Contacts folder (i.e. a Contact "item"), just create it as a Contact Folder, or drag and drop Contact folder from someone's Outlook to Public Folders. Users when they access there OWA can access Public Folders, thereby "Contacts." I don't know about posting to it, I don't have e2k box in front of me. Test it.

(in reply to homeostasis)
  Post #: 2
RE: Contacts in Outlook Web Access - 5.Feb.2002 7:32:00 PM   
homeostasis

Okay let me see if I can be more specific here.

Here is the best analogy I can think of. In Windows NT you could put a desktop icon in the All Users folder and everyone who logs in to the computer has those icons. Once the user logs in he can add as many icons as he wants to the desktop but no one else sees them.

I was wondering if there was a way to make it so I could make a listing of contacts and put them in a place that every user would have them by default. Just like the All Users folder for Windows NT profiles. The contacts would then be available through the contact icon in the shortcuts bar on the left for anyone who uses OWA in the company.

Maybe it cant be done or maybe it should be done through a public folder. Im not sure I figured Id ask Im somewhat new to exchange.

Thanks for your help

Post #: 3
RE: Contacts in Outlook Web Access - 7.Feb.2002 7:16:00 PM   
jhand

There's no way that I know of to put global contacts into each person's contacts folder, but whatever contacts you add to the Global list will be in the list of e-mail contacts in the "To:" list.

This is accomplished by creating them as contacts in Active Directory Users and Computers. There is an area where you can put Contact info in there as well as e-mail address and people could pull it up in their OWA when they are looking at the address book.

Does that make sense?

-Jason

Post #: 4
RE: Contacts in Outlook Web Access - 7.Feb.2002 8:46:00 PM   
homeostasis

Sure it makes sense.

Might a public folder filled with contacts work similarly like a person suggested earlier??? The only reason I ask is that my boss wanted to see all the contacts information through outlook web access. And he wanted them organized under folders.

Thanks for your help

Post #: 5
RE: Contacts in Outlook Web Access - 13.Feb.2002 5:37:00 PM   
Try this:

http://<hostname>/public for the public folders!

Post #: 6
RE: Contacts in Outlook Web Access - 13.Mar.2002 9:26:00 AM   
joshi_p

I dont have a e2k box to test out.

but I need this in exch 5.5. how do i do it.

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Contacts in Outlook Web Access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter