• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DAG Failover Adapter taking Precedence

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG Failover Adapter taking Precedence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAG Failover Adapter taking Precedence - 1.Jun.2012 3:25:07 AM   
andytruelove

Hi

We had a power failure on our Exchange Servers last night and since then we have an odd problem with networking on the cluster. We're running a two Exchange Server DAG with two DC's and a single Witness Server. On the primary Exchange Server (EX01) when we ping the primary domain controller (DC01) the address is returned as 169.x.x.x which I've traced to the Microsoft Failover Virtual Adapter\Network. Strangely when I ping the other DC's or the other Exchange Server I get the correct 10.173.x.x address back. I've checked the order with nvspbind and it tells me the Failover Adapter is already at the bottom of the binding list with the "LAN" connection at the top.

This is causing us a couple of problems (or at least I think this is the cause of the problems) including the clients can't connect to EX01 with Outlook Anywhere, clients can't connect to the Public Folder on EX01 and the DAG is saying that EX01 adapter is offline. Strangely MAPI connections, SMTP connections and OWA are working fine on EX01. We've failed over to EX02 which (fortunately) has worked OK but need to get this sorted asap for the public folder access.

Has anyone else encounterd this and found a fix? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Andy Truelove.
Post #: 1
RE: DAG Failover Adapter taking Precedence - 4.Jun.2012 8:21:34 AM   
travis.sheldon

Does NSLOOKUP yield the correct result? If so, check that you dont have an entry in the hosts file

(in reply to andytruelove)
Post #: 2
RE: DAG Failover Adapter taking Precedence - 6.Jun.2012 10:41:51 AM   
John Weber

Assuming you mean the replication network adapter and the MAPI/regular traffic adapter, do you have a gateway on the replication NIC?

IME, I use MAPI and REPL (as names). The REPL NIC should only have an IP and a mask, no GW. If you need to get the REPL network routed around you add persistent routes. Otherwise, having two gateways creates "issues" such as you are seeing. Especially if both networks are listed in AD Sites and Services as valid site subnets.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

Post #: 3
RE: DAG Failover Adapter taking Precedence - 12.Jun.2012 6:27:47 AM   
clementrosario

Andy,

I guess there is some configuration changes in the DAG network.Make sure you have given the Static IP. If you have assigned the DHCP address please make it reserved.

Run Exbpa for configuration changes.
If administrative share is disabled the AutoShare registry value will be 0, it has to be modified to 1.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997392(v=EXCHG.80).aspx

Test Outlook Anywhere in
https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

Check the network output
Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork -Identity DAG01\DAGNetwork01 -Server EX01 | fl

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG Failover Adapter taking Precedence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter