• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DAG copy resedding error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG copy resedding error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAG copy resedding error - 9.Dec.2012 11:52:02 PM   
dding0919

tried to update a DAG copy across site and got following error. Spoke MS support. He has no idea what is the file which is used by another process. I tried twice, same error. Clicked on Finish and EMC shows the copy is healthy but content is Crawling and it has been crawling for 3 days. The database is about 200 GB. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Elapsed time: 11:46:35

DAG2-MDB01

Failed

Error:

A source-side operation failed. Error An error occurred while performing the seed operation. Error: The process cannot access the file 'CiPT0000.000' because it is being used by another process.. [Database: DAG2-MDB01, Server: DALMAIL03.akllp.com]

The process cannot access the file 'CiPT0000.000' because it is being used by another process.

Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=14.2.309.2&t=exchgf1&e=ms.exch.err.Ex4543D9

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:

update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity 'DAG2-MDB01\DALMAIL03' -SourceServer 'AKMAIL01' -Network 'DAG2\REPL' -DeleteExistingFiles

Elapsed Time: 11:46:35
Post #: 1
RE: DAG copy resedding error - 10.Mar.2013 9:34:29 AM   
rancy

What files do you see in the location of the Database or Logs ? Anything uncommon ?
Do you have some AV and hope exclusions are set on it ?
How many total Databases do you have ? And is the issue with all or only one ?
Is there a smaller DB if not create a Test DB move a Test mailbox make it bounce to approx a GB and try with the same steps

(in reply to dding0919)
Post #: 2
RE: DAG copy resedding error - 10.Mar.2013 10:42:47 AM   
dding0919

got it fixed. Stop reseed. Stopped index service and deleted the all in the index folder. restart index svc and reseed. It worked. The only trouble for me is that we have 2 database on the same volume. Have to run PS to get database GUID to find the correct index folder.

(in reply to rancy)
Post #: 3
RE: DAG copy resedding error - 3.Mar.2016 8:15:12 PM   
BelyoBelev

In my case it turned out that the Microsoft.Exchange.Store.Worker process was hanged and locked the database so you couldnt resume copy status or re-seed the database. I even couldnt killed it. It was x200 times larger than the other bases worker process. Finally a server reboot fixed it.

(in reply to dding0919)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG copy resedding error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter