• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DAG with Issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG with Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAG with Issues - 3.Jun.2013 8:12:36 AM   
frankkahle

Good day,

I have a 3 server Exchange 2010 DAG. One of the servers has had a failed hard drive. This has caused that server to not be healthy. my questions:

1) what is the impact to the system if any.
2) the copy queue length is more than 33,000, what impact is this having on our system
3) is there any functionality (like auto maintenance) that is affected by the DAG being in this state.

Sincerely,
Frank
Post #: 1
RE: DAG with Issues - 3.Jun.2013 8:17:32 AM   
zbnet

It seems to me from reading your questions that you don't fully have an understanding of how a DAG works and what advantages it delivers for you. You should read up on this more.

The impact of a failed disk that that any databases that have a copy on that disk now have one less copy (so if each of your nodes has a copy, then you are down to 2 copies of the DB rather than 3).

You need to replace the failed disk, and reseed that copy of the database(es).

The large copy queue is the list of changes to the existing copies that are waiting to be written to the failed disk. They will disappear when you remove the failed copy, which you should do prior to recreating it after you have swapped the failed disk for a new one.

(in reply to frankkahle)
Post #: 2
RE: DAG with Issues - 3.Jun.2013 11:56:51 AM   
frankkahle

Thank you for that. I do understand a DAG. I understand the message queues as well. Unfortunately we have had to live with this for a couple of weeks already and just trying to understand the implications if we don't fix it for another couple of weeks. (is anything non-functional besides the 3rd failover? The only items on this server was copies of databases, no live databases were on the server when the drive failed.

Thanks.

(in reply to zbnet)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG with Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter