• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DAG with two Exchange servers?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG with two Exchange servers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAG with two Exchange servers? - 19.Jan.2012 3:26:58 PM   
xpac

Basically we have two physical sites that will have Exchange servers, each with both active and passive databases (east coast and west coast sites). East coast server will have active databases for east coast employees and passive databases for west coast employees, and vice versa.

Originally I had planned on having the file witness server at a third separate physical site, but was then advised against this for some reason (still in the same AD forest of course), and I'm not understanding why.

If I place the FWS in the same physical site as say the East coast exchange server and that site goes down completely, what good would having the FWS in that same site be? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the FWS on a third separate site so that if one of the sites goes down completely, it will be unaffected and can do its job? In other words we can switch over to the site that is still remaining? Or is there something that I am missing here...
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG with two Exchange servers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter