• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DNS Settings

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> DNS Settings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DNS Settings - 30.May2003 4:40:00 PM   
rgoshey

We are currently running SendMail on a Linux server. The server is mail.mycollege.edu. Everything currently works fine with both our internal and external DNS settings. However, we are migrating from SendMail to Exchange 2000 Server. Clients currently download their email from the SendMail server using Eudora Light as a POP3 client and all is working well. During the cutover, we want to simply disconnect the SendMail server and utilize our Exchange 2000 Server called exchange.mycollege.edu. We have been testing off-hours by disconnecting the SendMail server and then making changes to both our internal and external DNS. Our DNS changes however seem to be slightly off as we can not email to the outside world and we can not retrieve mail using Eudora Light with its current POP3 settings pointing to mail.mycollege.edu. We, of course, do not want to go to all the clients and change the settings on Eudora to point from mail.mycollege.edu to exchange.mycollege.edu. Therefore, we have implemented aliases with CNAME records in our DNS to handle this. However, the POP3 clients are erroring out that they can not find mail.mycollege.edu, therefore I feel our DNS changes are not quite right. Can anyone let me know exactly how both our external and internal DNS records should read for this to work? Thank you in advance for any help you provide.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> DNS Settings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post