• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree - 1.Aug.2007 11:34:18 AM   
davisms

I am having difficulty deleting these, when I try to delete one I get an error stating that I need to remove the other first.

Here is the error when I attempt to delete the tree:
quote:

---------------------------
Exchange System Manager
This public folder tree is currently associated with one or more public stores.  You must delete the public stores before this public folder tree can be deleted.

ID no: c1034afb
Exchange System Manager

When I try to delete the Public Folder Store:
quote:

Exchange System Manager
This public folder store is the last store holding the MAPI public folder tree and cannot be deleted.

ID no: c1034a7e
Exchange System Manager

Any insight on how to remove these that would be very much appreciated.  I will be transitioning to Exchange 2007 soon want to clean up the server as much as possible.    There is nothing currently in the Public Folders except the "Internet Newsgroups" folder which was never used.

Thanks in advance.

< Message edited by davisms -- 1.Aug.2007 11:36:44 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree - 2.Aug.2007 6:01:57 AM   
ismail.mohammed

if you have any information in the replica tab for this folder or server please remove it. other wise you will face this issue.

(in reply to davisms)
Post #: 2
RE: Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree - 10.Sep.2007 8:45:25 AM   
nucleusms

Hi,

I'm having the same error. Could you be more specific? What do you mean by "any information"? There's a "Replication" tab, but this is what's under it.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3
RE: Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree - 11.Sep.2007 12:20:09 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,
how many public folder you have created or stored under the public folder store you have check through public folder properties and click on replica tab.
> u can use pfdavadmin tool to remove replica
or you can remove the public folder store from adsi edit.

(in reply to nucleusms)
Post #: 4
RE: Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree - 21.Nov.2010 7:47:38 AM   
marriealen

Oh i had the same problem,these files become stacked and are due to long paths,use the tool available at http://pathtoodeep.com ,it is a tool which deletes and also searches such undeleteable files and also assists in installation and sharing of long pathed files

(in reply to davisms)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> Delete Public Folder Store and Public Folder tree Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter