• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Disable Read reports ouside the organization (internet). read receipts

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Disable Read reports ouside the organization (internet). read receipts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disable Read reports ouside the organization (internet)... - 28.Aug.2007 7:11:26 AM   
pabloviqueira

Hello,
I want to disable  Exchange 2007 to send read reports outside my organization . I want to enable it inside the organization but I want to disable it outside the organization (this is internet). I can't find how to do it.

¿How can I do it?.

Thanks, Pablo

< Message edited by pabloviqueira -- 29.Aug.2007 5:19:00 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 28.Aug.2007 2:24:08 PM   
Henrik Walther

You can control this via the property page of the default remote domains policy under Organization Configuration > Hub Transport > Remote Domains > Default - Message Formats.

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!

(in reply to pabloviqueira)
Post #: 2
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 29.Aug.2007 4:33:36 AM   
pabloviqueira

Thanks Henrik Walther.

I had tried to "disable allow delivery reports" (under: Organization Configuration > Hub Transport > Remote Domains > Default - Message Formats)  to prevent send read receipts to outside organiztion but I received it anyway.
This is my configuratioin in mmc:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12345157@N07/1265528122/
I tried to disable it through Exchange Managment Shell:
Set-RemoteDomain -Identity * DeliveryReportEnabled $false
but I get the same resultant.
When I send a mail from internet with checking "Request a read receipt for this message" and a person inside the organization read the message and response, I continue receiving a read receipt mail.
Thanks
Pablo

< Message edited by pabloviqueira -- 29.Aug.2007 5:27:47 AM >

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 3
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 29.Aug.2007 3:23:26 PM   
Henrik Walther

Ok then you might want to try to restart the Transport service for the change to apply.

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!

Post #: 4
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 31.Aug.2007 8:12:16 AM   
pabloviqueira

Thanks Henrik,
I have restarted the service but I continue receiving read notifications.

Pablo

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 5
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 4.Sep.2007 7:24:34 AM   
pabloviqueira

Hello,

Finally, I disabled read receips reports otside the organization making two trasport rules.

1- Remove message header Disposition-Notification-To for mail sends from outside my organization.
2- Remove message header Return-Receipt-To for mail sends from outside my organization.

So I don't receive read receipts from mail outside my organization and anybody can send read receipts reports.

Another ideas??

Thanks
Pablo

< Message edited by pabloviqueira -- 4.Sep.2007 7:27:41 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 21.Dec.2007 6:30:11 AM   
rjb62

Unfortunately, setting the DeliveryReportEnabled to false does not prevent Read Receipts from being sent. This should be able to be easily done in Exchange 2007, but it isn't. We've tried setting up transport rules that would catch the notifications but these don't work. We've tried using the Subject and Message Headers, but it appears that the notification messages bypass the Hub Transport Rules. We know this because the transport rule will catch and take action on emails with the same subject.

We need to solve this problem soon and I would appreciate any help. One post said that they solved this by removing the header with the request. Can anyone point me in the right direction about how to do this?

Post #: 7
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 12.Aug.2008 7:07:47 AM   
mkk

Guys!! Same problem for me too. Probably MSExchange 2007 SP1 team has to release a new patch. If any new update with you, pls share here.

Transport rule i.e combination of Message Header Subject  & Text Pattern is catching only few mails (Probably those going out of the MailServer), but not intrenal.
Pls share your new ideas.

(in reply to rjb62)
Post #: 8
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 5.Oct.2008 8:17:43 AM   
ahanbali

Having tried the above solution at a few client sites and hitting issues where they dont work,
a sure fire way of ensuring read receipts are not sent to external people is to configure FOUR transport rules...
Rule 1:
From users outside the organization
Remove header "X-Confirm-Reading-To"
Rule 2:
Remove header "Disposition-Notification-To"
Rule 3:
Remove header "Return-Receipt-To"
Rule 4:
Remove header "Receipt-Requested-To"

Abdelrahim I. Al-Hanbali
www.micromissions.com

(in reply to mkk)
Post #: 9
RE: Disable Read reports ouside the organization (inter... - 3.Jun.2010 10:57:23 PM   
MikeCrowley

This should work:

New-TransportRule -Name "Remove Read Receipts" -MessageTypeMatches ReadReceipt -DeleteMessage $true

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638183.aspx

(MessageTypeMatches predicate exists in 2010 only. For 2007, see below)

How to suppress delivery- and read-receipts in Exchange 2007
http://blogs.technet.com/b/appssrv/archive/2009/05/29/how-to-suppress-delivery-and-read-receipts-in-exchange-2007.aspx

< Message edited by MikeCrowley -- 3.Jun.2010 11:07:56 PM >

(in reply to ahanbali)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Disable Read reports ouside the organization (internet). read receipts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter