• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Disappearing appointments

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Disappearing appointments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disappearing appointments - 4.Nov.2005 12:22:43 PM   
Jim Pletcher

This is hard for me to understand, but one client using SBS2000 claims that
appointments disappear from Outlook calendars.
Although more than one users "sees" this problem, it seems to primarily
affect one user much more than others.

Any suggestions?

Post #: 1
RE: Disappearing appointments - 6.Dec.2005 1:32:55 PM   
goldteam

Hi Jim,

Do you have an antivirus like norton scanning your M: drive ? if yes this is your problem

Best regards

Eric

(in reply to Jim Pletcher)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappearing appointments - 6.Dec.2005 3:04:38 PM   
JimPletcher

Nope,  No virus scans on M:, no defrag of M:, no backup of M:, using NTBackup to backup message stores.

There was a time problem between workstations and server, but that was resolved by synching the server with time-a.nist.gov and letting the workstations synch with the server.

One of the affected workststions was rife with Internet crap, - deleted partitions & rebuilt from scratch.

Yesterday the client "claims" to have lost another appointment made last week.
At this point I have no option but to believe the client, too many (otherwise trusted) users are complaining.
They dont "seem" to be losing as many appointments as before, but they still claim to be losing appointments.
Been all over the Microsoft site (and the Internet) looking for leads.  Found others losing appointments, but all seemed to be related to backup, defrag, or virus scans of Drive M: - that's not happening here!

Thanks for your input though!!

(in reply to goldteam)
Post #: 3
RE: Disappearing appointments - 3.Jan.2006 6:05:21 PM   
Ardeur

Are you sure the appointments are truly disappearing?

Here's the situation I'm currently in.  If my users have too many All Day events on their calendar, then even in Day View some of their appointments are "disappearing".  The appointment is still there, but if there are too many items above it, it gets pushed out of view.  There's no scroll bar and no apparent way to see these items, other than deleting the All Day events above them.

From what I've seen from Microsoft, this is tied directly to Screen Resolution and the only way to see the items is to increase the Screen Resolution.  I don't like this answer, because even at the highest resolution, this means there's a possibility that some of the all-day events are going to get dropped.

(in reply to JimPletcher)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Disappearing appointments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter