• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Displaying original sender's address in forwarded email

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Displaying original sender's address in forwarded email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Displaying original sender's address in forwarded email - 4.Feb.2011 11:39:42 AM   
criskrit

We are running Exchange 2010 Sp1. I have a mailbox rule to forward incoming messages to another mailbox. For some messages, the forward displays only the name and not the address of the original sender. However if i forward the *exact same message* manually (via Outlook or OWA), the email address (of the original sender) is displayed with the name. So:

Fwd via rule:
----------- forwarded message -------
Subect: Yada-Yada

Fwd manually via Outlook or OWA:
----------- forwarded message -------
Subect: Yada-Yada

the sender is random, not in the Global Address List (GAL) or Contacts or anywhere. Ideas?!

Post #: 1
RE: Displaying original sender's address in forwarded e... - 9.Feb.2011 12:09:07 PM   
pjhutch

In the rules in Outlook, using this action instead:

'redirect it to people or distribution list'.

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to criskrit)
Post #: 2
RE: Displaying original sender's address in forwarded e... - 9.Feb.2011 12:59:48 PM   
criskrit

Using redirect will not solve the problem when i am forwarding a message. Actually the forwarded (or redirected) message has to be FROM me so redirect won't do...

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: Displaying original sender's address in forwarded e... - 17.Feb.2011 12:11:42 PM   
Gunn3r

do you want to alway forward incoming emails to a diferente destination?

there is an option on exchange user mailbox account to forward emails to another account in "user mailbox properties" -> "Mail flow setting" -> "Delivery options" but I think it only works with Domain accounts or users on the domain. try creating a user with an outside email and see it works.

hope it helps.

Later

< Message edited by Gunn3r -- 17.Feb.2011 12:13:06 PM >

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

(in reply to criskrit)
Post #: 4
RE: Displaying original sender's address in forwarded e... - 17.Feb.2011 12:22:29 PM   
criskrit

the setup screen for this says "forward" but in reality isn't this a redirect? The message is forwarded to the new destination coming FROM the original sender...

(in reply to Gunn3r)
Post #: 5
RE: Displaying original sender's address in forwarded e... - 17.Feb.2011 12:29:02 PM   
Gunn3r

not 100% sure what it does because I never did test it.

Try it on your user and forwarding it to another account and see what it does ;)

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

(in reply to criskrit)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Displaying original sender's address in forwarded email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter