• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Domain Users are unable to access OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Domain Users are unable to access OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 27.Feb.2002 11:51:00 AM   
Samy

I have Exchange 2000 installed on Domain controller. When Administrators access their mailbox there is no problem, but when domain users try to access mailbox it asks for user name/password again and again.

Directory security for Exchange in IIS is set to Basic Authentication. The virtual directories for Exchange in IIS are marked RED.

What should I do to solve this prob?
Any help is appreciated.

-Samy
Post #: 1
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 27.Feb.2002 11:45:00 PM   
koggen

Hi Samy!

Users need the right to "Access this server from the network" and "Log on locally". These rights are configured in the security policy for the OWA server. Define these right e.g. for Domain users and then everything should work fine. The default value is to allow only administrators, that's why you have to define these settings manually.

The reason why the virtual directories are marked red is because IIS started prior to Exchange (the last time the server was rebooted). The path to the exchange virtual directories contains the M:\ drive mapping, which isn't created until exchange has started. To fix this go to the IIS admin snap-in, right-click the appropriate server (i.e. the server containing the virtual directories - in case you configured multiple servers in IIS), choose stop, repeat and choose start. Press F5 to refresh the display and everything should look nice. NB! even though the virtual directories are marked red they are still functioning as they should! It's just a "cosmetic" bug (or feature).

Regards,

Johan

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 2
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 6.Mar.2002 12:23:00 PM   
bpsss

Hi,

I have same problem, but have granted "logon locally" and "access this PC from the Network" rights to domain users etc, but I still get a message "Failed to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>".

If I insert a user as a member of the Administrator group, no problem using OWA. Obviously this isn't possible though.

Regards

Ben

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 3
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 16.Mar.2002 6:28:00 PM   
M B S

Sammy

Can you confirm if you started having these
problems after rolling out Service Pack 2 for
Exchange 2000.

MBS

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 4
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 10.Sep.2002 6:28:00 AM   
sbcoats

My problem is similar to what's described, but I'm not able to resolve my problem with the recommended solutions. I'm running Exchange 2000 with SP3. All Administrators and Domain Users can access OWA from IE. Only Administrators can access OWA from any other browser. What am I missing? I have change security policies to allow local logon and allow access from the network, but no luck. Why aren't security and permissions keeping IE users out like they are keeping users out of browsers like Netscape. I want any compliant browser to function with OWA. Any suggestions?

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 5
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 10.Sep.2002 2:02:00 PM   
koggen

Hi Shannon!

Check which authentication methods that you have enabled for the Exchange virtual folders. If you have enabled only windows authentication then that's your problem. Netscape doesn't support windows authentication, only basic authentication. But if you enable basic authentication make sure you use a SSL certificate to encrypt the data transfer to OWA, as otherwise passwords are transmitted over the Internet in clear text.

Always change the default settings for the virtual directories in Exchange System Manager, not just in IIS. Restart the Exchange Information Store to propagate the new settings to IIS (ESM settings have precedence over IIS ditto). You must use the IIS settings though to require SSL for the Exchange virtual directories.

Regards,

Johan

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 6
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 17.Sep.2002 1:13:00 PM   
arnaud

Hello Samy,

I had a problem similar to that and here's what I found. When I installed exchange, it only gave me 1 licence for the administrator and of course I could not connect with another use. So, I configured the other licences I bought and my problem was solved.
Hope this can help
arnaud

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 7
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 18.Nov.2002 11:41:00 PM   
cainos

i have a similar problem. any new user i create does have OWA. any existing user that has been migrated from old setup cannot have OWA. I have created a new topic regarding this issue. I would like help too.

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 8
RE: Domain Users are unable to access OWA - 25.Nov.2002 12:13:00 PM   
Amaru_71

quote:
Originally posted by bpsss:
Hi,

I have same problem, but have granted "logon locally" and "access this PC from the Network" rights to domain users etc, but I still get a message "Failed to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>".

If I insert a user as a member of the Administrator group, no problem using OWA. Obviously this isn't possible though.

Regards

Ben

I noticed that nobody responded to this one.... I have the Exact same problem, when a user is in the administrator group it works fine.... I've checked every setting, but it seems to be some kind of securety prob.
HELP me please....

Regards,

Danni

(in reply to Samy)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Domain Users are unable to access OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter