• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

EXC2007 Outlook anywhere and ISA 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> EXC2007 Outlook anywhere and ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EXC2007 Outlook anywhere and ISA 2004 - 17.Nov.2010 5:45:05 PM   
wingadean

hi there,

Does anybody know if you can get ISA 2004 working with Exchange 2007 Outlook anywhere? I know there are many articles about this working with ISA 2006 but i cant seem to find any info on this with ISA 2004.
I have OWA and Active Sync working with ISA 2004 using my owa certificate but i cannot seem to get outlook anywhere working.
In my Exchange rule on ISA i tried adding the /rpc and /rpcwithCert into the paths tab but that hasnt worked.
I have tried to create a new mailserver publishing rule and selected cilent-access RPC but when i finish running the wizard there is no option to select a certificate.
i seem to get this error in isa monitoring log.
Status: 12202 The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
The CAS has been set to Basic authentication and when a user opens Outlook externaly they get prompted for username and password but it just fails.
The requests are definitely hitting the ISA server as i can see that in the logs but not sure if its reaching my CAS. please help im really stuck
Post #: 1
RE: EXC2007 Outlook anywhere and ISA 2004 - 17.Nov.2010 5:50:44 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Before we go any further can you check this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Troubleshooting-RPC-over-HTTPS-Part1.html from this very site to make sure you're following what it says. Once you've excluded all the possibles then people can take the troubleshooting to the next stage.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to wingadean)
Post #: 2
RE: EXC2007 Outlook anywhere and ISA 2004 - 17.Nov.2010 7:30:06 PM   
wingadean

Thanks for the reply, i have got it working finally...woohoo..
i had to create a new webserver publishing rule in ISA for the rpc path following the article below:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc713317.aspx
following procedure 8 at the bottom of the page.

strange thing is yesterday i added the rpc path to my existing Exchange 2007 publishing rule and it didnt work. so not sure why you need a seperate rule for the rpc path.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> EXC2007 Outlook anywhere and ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter