• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse - 18.Dec.2007 3:13:05 PM   
jennyjen

Hi Everyone,
This little annoying thing popped up yesterday.  Different employees are getting bounceback messages when trying to email customers and clients they were able to email 2 days ago. We are also able to recieve email from these companies. We are running exhange 2003 with sp2. The bounce back says this:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<mailx.company.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <email address>... H:MXB[server IP]Connection refused due to abuse>

It seems to be spreading as more and more people from inside the company are telling me that they are getting these bouncebacks.  I have checked the publicly listed black lists on dnsstuff.com and we have passed all.  Does anyone have an idea where i should start?  My research is pulling up nothing and we have made no changes to our mail server or firewall settings.
Thanks in advance,

jen
Post #: 1
RE: Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse - 19.Dec.2007 5:20:45 AM   
uemurad

It would appear that your abuse issues are with the individual recipient address domains you are sending to.  As one or more of those what types of filtering they apply.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to jennyjen)
Post #: 2
RE: Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse - 19.Dec.2007 10:08:55 AM   
jennyjen

Thanks for the info.  Do you think that its possible that 10 different domains have us personally blocked?  We have checked publicly listed blacklists on dnsstuff.com and we are all clear (except for a few timeouts..not sure what that means).  i just find it really strange that we could email these companies aprox 3 days ago and now we are getting bouncebacks.  Most of these companies are very small with no IT staff for me to pick thier brains on thier blacklisting policys.  Any other things i should check into?  It seems to be getting worse

jen

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse - 19.Dec.2007 10:19:03 PM   
uemurad

In cases like this I turn to Telnet sessions to manually test communications between my server and the recipient server.  The SMTP responses from the recipient system may shed some light as to what is happening.

If you haven't used Telnet for SMTP, read through this:
http://exchangeguy.blogspot.com/2007/06/using-telnet-to-simulate-server.html

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to jennyjen)
Post #: 4
RE: Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse - 14.Mar.2008 4:00:33 PM   
dvprao

Hi:
I faced a similar lira situation today for two different domiinas but hosted by same provider.
I had to take up with my ISP and ask them to remove my MX ip address out of thier blocked list.

At least this is what my ISP told me to resolve the issue.
As you know the full story is never revealed to the end users... right ?
No. Telnet excercise suggested by teh MVP does not explain the problem.
But his tutorial was very helpful...
Thanks and keep up the good work
DVP

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5
RE: Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse - 30.Aug.2010 11:13:37 AM   
knavarro

Hello everyone

I've been having a similar problem for the last month.

We are getting a bouncing message for 2 domains hosted by same provider.

The bouncing email is this one:

The original message was received at Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:56:57 -0430 from dbec7a8c9.dslam-172-17-11-239-270-0415-cha-01.dsl.cantv.net [190.199.168.201] (may be forged)
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <email>
(reason: 550 5.7.1 <email>... H:PSBL [200.11.173.18] Connection refused due to abuse. Please see http://psbl.surriel.com/listing?ip=200.11.173.18 or contact your E-mail provider.)

Can anyone help me with this?'
I have contact my internet provider and my email provider and bouth say everything is fine but we are still having the same problem.

(in reply to dvprao)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Emails bouncing back - refused due to abuse Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter