• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Emails rejected

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Emails rejected Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emails rejected - 2.Nov.2007 11:08:51 AM   
atechstl

I am having some troubles sending emails using Exchange 2003 which is a part of SBS 2003.  My current setup pops my webserver every 15 minutes to receive email and I send out email via SMTP port 26 to bypass my ISP's mail server.  I am running this out of my home and I have a dynamic IP address, so I don't know if that has much to do with it. 

In my experience, I can email a specific user one day and the next day I receive this error (below):

-----------------

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
RE: Dunklin News Story

Sent:
11/2/2007 9:22 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Dustin Blake on 11/2/2007 9:23 AM
 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
 <atechstl.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-JunkMail rejected - 24-217-68-212.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com (atechstl.com)>

-------------------

Is this a problem with my web server, my personal exchange server, or my Dynamic IP address?

Thank you,

Anthony
Post #: 1
RE: Emails rejected - 6.Nov.2007 4:00:54 PM   
cestmoi

In my experience, you need a static IP in order to host your own mail server.  You can achieve this, even though you're using a Dynamic account by utilizing a third party DNS such as Dyndns.net and then enable your Router/Firewall to log on to report its IP.

The key here is to create a name such as myname.homeip.net and point your mx record, A record to this name.  I'm assuming you've done this? 

(in reply to atechstl)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Emails rejected Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter