• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resource from one storagegroup to another

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resource from one storagegroup to another Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resource f... - 27.Jun.2008 5:51:39 AM   
anders.jensen

Hi All,

Setup is:
Exchange 2007 with SP1, RollUp 2

Problem: Error, Event ID : 1022
Getting errors in my application event log when moving a user or resource from one storagegroup to another. But user and resources seems okay afterwards.

1. Event:
Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Event Category:      Logons
Event ID:      1022
Date:            27-06-2008
Time:            05:37:41
User:            N/A
Computer:      Cluserserver1
Description:
Logon Failure on database "EXC01SG02\EXC01SG02DB01" - Windows account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=**/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=****.
Error: 1144
Client Machine: ClusterServer1
Client Process: MSExchangeMailboxAssistants.exe
Client ProcessId: 0
Client ApplicationId: Client=MSExchangeMailboxAssistants;Action=EventDispatcher

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2. Event ID:
Time:            05:37:42
Computer:      ClusterServer1
Description:
Logon Failure on database "EXC01SG02\EXC01SG02DB01" - Windows account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=**/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=****.
Client Machine: ClusterServer1
Client Process: Microsoft.Exchange.Search.ExSearch.exe
Client ApplicationId: Client=CI

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

3. Event ID:
Time:            05:37:43
Computer:      ClusterServer1
Description:
Logon Failure on database "EXC01SG02\EXC01SG02DB01" - Windows account domain\ClusterServer2$; mailbox /o=**/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=****.
Client Machine: ClusterServer2
Client Process: Microsoft.Exchange.Search.ExSearch.exe
Client ApplicationId: Client=CI

My question is : Can i look away from this Error or is something wrong ??. Please help with some feedbacks

Regards
Anders Jensen
Post #: 1
RE: Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resour... - 27.Jun.2008 10:21:00 AM   
sipstate001

Does the mailbox move work? 
How big is the mailbox? and are you doing this during working hours? (busy hours)
Are you using Powershell or Exchange GUI?
Are you sure you have rights to move the mailbox?

Is that the first time you have done a move to get that error?
Upon getting the error... did you try and log out and back into your client machine and try again?

(in reply to anders.jensen)
Post #: 2
RE: Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resour... - 27.Jun.2008 11:07:24 AM   
x0rerror

If not moved succesfully make sure the accounts are not disabled. You cannot move a disabled box.

I beleive i receive those 1022's also on mailbox transfer.

This happens directly after you have moved the mailbox correct?

You only get 1 notification per mailbox then the event doesn't re-occur.

I've had the same issue but everyone/thing seems to be running smoothly.

It seems to have something to do with inital account login right after mailbox transfer, but it is generated by exchange and not from user interaction (i.e. user trying to login)

-----

Just came across this from a MR Jim Mcbee MS MVP:

This is usually normal behavior. The AD has to replicate and Exchange often caches the mailbox location.  Here are a couple of links that might be helpful:

hope it helps.

< Message edited by x0rerror -- 27.Jun.2008 11:11:53 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resour... - 27.Jun.2008 11:34:21 AM   
anders.jensen

Answer to first reply,
  • Mailbox seems to be working just fine.
  • Size of the user and resources I moved allready where about (few kb -> 15mb) - tested in busy and nobusy hours
  • From move script I made in PS - did a test with the GUI also
  • My admuser is member of  (Domain Admins, Exchange Organization Administrators, Exchange Recipient Administrators)

Answer to second reply,
  • Resource i moved where disabled(due part of our resource setup), and from what I read the 1022 error could turn up here. But strange part is that error also appers when moving a normal user and sometimes not.. strange
  • Happens directly after move is done
  • Getting 1.event 2 times, then 2.event, then 3.event (Listed in my first post) - but seems to happen only once per user and resource. 

I just recent join our exchange team during SP1 upgrade - and now im also, so cant tell if the error was around before SP1.

Thanks
Anders

(in reply to sipstate001)
Post #: 4
RE: Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resour... - 27.Jun.2008 11:45:42 AM   
sipstate001

I'm no expert.. but looks like some type of security notice or something.  Does the mailbox move sync with the clustered server?

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Error, event id : 1022 - when moving user or resource from one storagegroup to another Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter