• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error (550) 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Error (550) 5.7.1 Unable to relay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error (550) 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 16.Jan.2015 12:32:49 PM   
marjan.sayyad@gmail.

Hi Everybody,
I do not know too much about exchange server, but I am looking for to Find which side is related this problem, and I appreciate that if some body give me a clue. Here is the problem:
From my outlook I am able to send and receive emails from outside of our domain.
In our ticketing system which is service desk, I gave our exchange name to send and receive email. For user from inside of our domain it works perfect. It sends email correctly, but for email address from outside of our domain I receive error which shows our email server does not relay to the email address outside of domain. ( I will give you error message at the end of this email)
I tried another application, and I got the same error about our email server.
Now my question is how our exchange server send and receive emails to outside of our domain correctly, but using other application I got error about the error about our email server? Could be it related to our email server?
I can give you more information.

ERROR MESSAGES:
Error message in service desk: "Undeliverable Reason: SMTP RCPT command failed Error (550) 5.7.1 Unable to relay"
Error message from another application"The program was unable to complete the operation of sending this messagesystem.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was:7.7.1 Unable to relay.
at System.Net.Mail.SmptTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MaiAddressCollection recipient, string deliveryNotify.
SmtpFailedRecipienException&excemtion)"
Post #: 1
RE: Error (550) 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 21.Jan.2015 12:09:06 AM   
ronniepaul

HI..

Unable to relay generally occurs when we try to send the emails outside the organization or domian
Some possible causes of error are given as

• The outgoing mail server could not identify the sender.
• There are some issues while authenticating the sender on the server and thus restricting them to send emails.
• The receiver domain’s recipient policy has imposed restrictions on the sender’s domain / department. The Exchange Database is corrupt.

Go through the link to learn more

https://mailsolutions.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/how-to-solve-exchange-smtp-error-code-5-7-1-unable-to-relay/

Thanks

< Message edited by ronniepaul -- 21.Jan.2015 3:28:01 AM >

(in reply to marjan.sayyad@gmail.)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Error (550) 5.7.1 Unable to relay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter