• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 16.Jul.2008 8:31:48 PM   
cwodrs

Ok when I go into ESM and try to expand out the Public Folders I get the following:

The HTTP service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public stores are not mounted and
the Information Store service is not running.
ID no: c1030af3
Exchange System Manager

I have done just about every MS Article I have found on this and nothing is working. Would really appreciate if someone could help me with this!

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer
Post #: 1
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 17.Jul.2008 3:08:29 AM   
Exchange_Geek

So, we would believe your through reading the only MS Documentation (not sure which other doc did u get ur hands on from MS).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996098(EXCHG.65).aspx#Errorc1030af3

And by this doc, trust me issue does get resolved unles your IIS is in big time mess.

Which version of Exchange your working with / windows version ?
When did this issue take place / start ?
What are the authentication which you see on VDs ExAdmin / Public / default website ?
Have you tried disabling the AV ?
How about unchecking the SSL on Default Web Site ? Perform IISReset if youd do this OR stop n start IIS service (both r the same)
Check for host header entries in the properties of DWS - advanced tab.

Again a request go thru the lines mentioned below and try solving them out first.

Possible Causes
  • Improper authentication method set in IIS for the public and exadmin virtual directories
  • DS2MB process has not populated the proper entries in the IIS metabase
  • Internet Explorer security settings are incorrect.
  • Permissions in Active Directory are set incorrectly
  • Realtime virus software is scanning the M: drive
  • The msExchDS2MBOptions for the exadmin virtual directory is set incorrectly.
  • There is an incorrect path listed for the properties of the exadmin virtual directory in IIS. This value should be \\.\BackOfficeStorage.

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 2
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 17.Jul.2008 6:01:51 AM   
cwodrs

I am sorry I forgot to mention which versions I was using:

MSX 2003 SP2
WIN2K3 2003 Server SP2

I am not sure when this issue started but I uncovered it 2 days ago.
I have gone through the VDs and validated all the permissions based on another article I read there good, but if you could give me another quick blurp on what they should be. I have even re-created the VD's. I really don't think AV's the problem. I don't have SSL on the Default Web Site! I have stop/started IIS, rebooted and performed IISReset. don't have any host header entrires in the DWS, and never have!

I have spent the last 2 days going trough all kind of articles from Microsoft and others trying everything and I still am receiving the error.

Do you have any other suggestions for me to try.

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 3
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 17.Jul.2008 10:19:42 AM   
uemurad

After you get that error, right click on "Public Folders" and select "Connect to".  Select the appropriate server in the list.  After you do that once, you should be able open the ESM and view the tree without getting the error again.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 4
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 17.Jul.2008 7:21:16 PM   
cwodrs

No still no joy, when I do what you suggested I get the following dialog box:

The opeation completed successfully
Facility: Win32
ID no: c0070000
Exchange System Manager

Then I hit OK and there is nothing in the right pane!

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 18.Jul.2008 12:12:42 AM   
uemurad

How many servers with Public Folders do you have? 
What happens if you select a different one (with Connect to)? 
Are you executing ESM on the server, or on a workstation?
Did this ever work before?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 6
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 18.Jul.2008 5:35:47 AM   
cwodrs

I have 2 servers that have public folders on them. The same thing happens when I try to connect to that one as well. I have tried executing ESM from my workstation and the server. Yes it did work before. The wierd thing (and I guessing it's inter-related) but OWA is not working correctly now either. I do have GFI MailEssentials 12 running on the Exchange server. My subscript ran out on the 25th of June I renewed on the 30th and loaded the latest build. I can't not say if it was working just before that, because I didn't really have the need to check either thing at the time.

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 7
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 18.Jul.2008 8:10:00 PM   
uemurad

Let's assume for a moment that it's related to the OWA problem.  What happens there?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 8
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 18.Jul.2008 8:55:50 PM   
cwodrs

I receive this:

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 9
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 22.Jul.2008 6:45:52 AM   
cwodrs

Does anybody have anything else?

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 10
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 22.Jul.2008 10:28:11 AM   
uemurad

Did you read through the link that Exchange_Geek sent you?  I found this one,
Error message when you try to access public folders in Exchange 2003: "Error ID number: c1030af3" or "HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable", but it just points to the same online document.

The KB article I found names both of your symptoms and indicates that it's an HTTP issue causing both.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 11
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 22.Jul.2008 1:28:39 PM   
cwodrs

Yes did, several times, everything checks out? This is what I don't get!!

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 12
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 4.Aug.2008 7:22:53 AM   
cwodrs

Ok I am still having the issue. I have notice when I re-install the Exchange Virtual Directories after the reboot I go and look in IIS and basically the Exhcange Vitrual Server has replaced the Default Web Site. Also I have a nother Exchange Server in the Org, everything there in IIS looks good, but it is getting the same error when logging into OWA. So I want to say it's a IIS thing, but why would the other Exchange server have the same issue. Now this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938610/en-us would explain it effecting both servers but I have done the resolution several times to no avail! I am pulling out what little hair I have left on this problem. Does anyone else have any other suggestions!

Thanks
Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 13
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 5.Aug.2008 3:02:09 PM   
a.grogan

Do you have IE 7 installed on the server?

Cheers

A

Andy Grogan
MSExchange.org Forums Moderator
For my general ramblings about Exchange please visit my website:
W: http://www.telnetport25.com/
B: http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/
M: manifoldmaster@gmail.com

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 14
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 5.Aug.2008 10:23:16 PM   
cwodrs

Yes I do, I never thought about that being the problem! How does IE7 cause a problem?

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to a.grogan)
Post #: 15
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 6.Aug.2008 4:04:07 AM   
a.grogan

Hiya chap, unfortunatley IE7 can cause all kinds of problems with the ESM on Exchange 2003, I would try removing it (or install the ESM on a machine with IE6) to check the idea.

Some further info in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932513

Cheers

A

Andy Grogan

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 16
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 6.Aug.2008 6:06:26 AM   
cwodrs

Ok I came across this article before and already tried this, it didn't work. Can I uninstall IE7 from the server. Just a note I am having the same issue from my workstation that has IE7. I have IE7 on both the server and workstation for a long long time now. This error started about a month and a half ago. I am also not able to get into OWA, I get a login screen login and get this after login:

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to a.grogan)
Post #: 17
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 6.Aug.2008 12:41:09 PM   
a.grogan

Hmm - I would recommend taking IE 7 off the server, are you using a clustered environment?

Cheers

A

Andy Grogan

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 18
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 7.Aug.2008 4:35:57 AM   
cwodrs

Hey at this point I will try anything!! No it is not a cluster, basically I have an Organization with 2 MSX servers in it at 2 different locations.

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to a.grogan)
Post #: 19
RE: Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM - 9.Aug.2008 9:12:29 AM   
cwodrs

Ok uninstalled IE7, and I still have an issue. I am pretty sure it's a permissions or IIS issue, but I have been through all the articles and everything checks out. One thing I have notice I can recreate the Exchange virtual directories but after a reboot the Default Web Site is replaced by: Exchange Virtual Server and all the virtuals are underneath that, then I have to restore a save Default Web Site (from file) to get back to the Default Web Site with the Exchange Virtual Directories underneath that!

Thanks
Randy

Randy Spencer

(in reply to cwodrs)
Post #: 20

Page:   [1] 2   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Error c10300af3 When Accessing Public Folders In ESM Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter