• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Errors using Exmerge and Exchange Migration Wizard

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Errors using Exmerge and Exchange Migration Wizard Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Errors using Exmerge and Exchange Migration Wizard - 19.Jan.2005 4:53:00 PM   
cbarone

Hello,

I am starting the process of moving mailboxes from a 5.5 Exchange server to 2003. The server I am running ExMerge and the Migration Wizard is a Windows 2003 serve with Exchange 2003.

When I try using "Migration Wizard" I get the following error.

mailmig.exe - Unable to locate component

This application has failed to start because MMFMIG32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

When trying to use "Exmerge" I get the following error.

ExMerge.exe - Unable to locate component

This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

Why am I getting the same type of error running two completely different utilities?

Thanks,

Chris B.
Post #: 1
RE: Errors using Exmerge and Exchange Migration Wizard - 19.Jan.2005 4:55:00 PM   
mark@mvps.org

They're two distinct messages. With the exmerge error it simply means that you need to copy the exchmem file from an exchange server to wherever you're doing the exmerge from (or move the exmerge executible to the \bin directory where the exchmem file resides.

(in reply to cbarone)
Post #: 2
RE: Errors using Exmerge and Exchange Migration Wizard - 9.Jun.2010 5:37:24 AM   
ogajimoh@yahoo.com

hi,
Also countered same challenge and solved this way.

I downloaded exmerge.exe onto the desktop and extracted it there. Exmerge folder was created.

I searched for exchmem.dll and copied it into the exmerge folder that was created when extracted.

Double-clik exmerge and the GUI was launched.

(in reply to cbarone)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Errors using Exmerge and Exchange Migration Wizard Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter