• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Event ID 1025 - Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: 1162 Warning: fail to apply search optimization

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Event ID 1025 - Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: 1162 Warning: fail to apply search optimization Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event ID 1025 - Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: 1162 ... - 28.Sep.2010 1:01:12 AM   
darrkon

Hi,
I have recently started getting a lot of Event ID 1025 from Exchange 2007 SP1 RU8. The errors read as below:

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Event Category:    General
Event ID:    1025
Date:        28/09/2010
Time:        06:23:01
User:        N/A
Computer:    MAIL
Description:
An error occurred on database "GROUP\database".
Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria
Error: 1162 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID 4-4E4C2A9)   Retrying without optimization.

A lot of the stuff I have found suggests that ignoring it is the best solution. I don't like this solution and want to find out what that FID refers to.

I think  I read somewhere this is caused by a default mailbox folder with more then 5000 items in it.. but again, there are no real answers to the issue.

But if someone could indicate how to determine who has that folder in their mailbox, I can hunt them down and encourage them to stop messing up my server.

Thank you!

Post #: 1
RE: Event ID 1025 - Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: 1... - 28.Sep.2010 9:34:02 AM   
de.blackman

Firstly, did you know that Exchange 2007 is right now at SP3 level? Any reason you are still at SP2RU8?? Are you trying to find a solution to this issue or you actually are trying to find the root cause?

"This message is logged when the Query Processor (QP) tries to use an index to perform a query optimization but, at the same time, that index was updated by a concurrent transaction. In this situation, the QP will just abandon the optimized path and revert to the default search algorithm.

The only exception to this is when a third party anti-virus program creates a locking situation that causes these errors. It still should not affect functionality, but checking with third party manufacturer for software updates would be a wise move as a precautionary measure" - taken from
quote:

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1025&eventno=1701&source=MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store&phase=1 Mailbox Store&phase=1

< Message edited by de.blackman -- 28.Sep.2010 9:36:23 AM >

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to darrkon)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Event ID 1025 - Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: 1162 Warning: fail to apply search optimization Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter