• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Event ID 2081

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Event ID 2081 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event ID 2081 - 22.Mar.2004 3:26:00 PM   
Zombie_97

My exchange server does not start up.. The biggest issue I have is Event ID 2081.. There is no listing for GC or DC.. I am not sure how to point my Exchage server to a DC or GC. Also the other thing.. How does Exchange fare when installed on the D:?
Post #: 1
RE: Event ID 2081 - 23.Mar.2004 2:04:00 PM   
pjhutch

Check TCP/IP properties of Exchange server and make sure they point to the Windows DNS servers which has the DC servers in it. Do not point it to ISP DNS servers.

(in reply to Zombie_97)
Post #: 2
RE: Event ID 2081 - 23.Mar.2004 5:34:00 PM   
Zombie_97

DNS servers are pointed to local DNS.. This may be applied to this error though.. My DNS event log is saying that my DNS is configured incorectly saying my DNS server is host rather than host.local, well I cant change my host name because the server is a PDC.. My Zone is listed like host.local my server name is host and my domain name is host.local.. The event log does not make sens on the configuration being incorrect since my dns is setup as host.local.. Event ID: 414

I know my problem lies with DNS, but no changes I make to DNS are correct.. Something is up and my DNS is the problem, I know it is.. I am at my wits end.. I cannot get this to work for shiz.. When DNS is telling me something that to me is exactly how the DNS is supposed to be setup.. What gives?

(in reply to Zombie_97)
Post #: 3
RE: Event ID 2081 - 23.Mar.2004 5:54:00 PM   
Zombie_97

Rethinking that last reply from you.. Checking TCP properties for Exchange.. Where do I do that from? I have been looking everywhere to find a location where my DC or GC is specified for the exchange server.. Nowehre have I seen any kind of TCP settings for Exchange.. Or are you talking about the TCP settings on my NICs?

(in reply to Zombie_97)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Event ID 2081 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote