• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Event ID 2159 Relating to old server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Event ID 2159 Relating to old server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event ID 2159 Relating to old server - 6.Apr.2009 3:18:52 PM   
mpalecek

I recently upgraded my email system from Exchange 2000 to 2007. Everything seemed to go well, I moved all of the mailboxes from the old 2000 machine to the new 2007. I then changed all of the pointings from my ISA server to the new server and configured all of the connections (POP3, IMAP4, SMTP).

I then uninstalled Exchange 2000 from the original computer. Since then I have been getting warnings in my event log as follows:

Process edgetransport.exe (Transport) (PID=4948). Configuration object CN=QCS007-QCS001,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Quick Cable,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=franksville,DC=quickcable,DC=com read from qcs003.franksville.quickcable.com failed validation and will be excluded from the result set. Set event logging level for Validation category to Maximum to get additional events about each failure.  

I have set maximum event logging and there are no additional events from Validation listed. The Routing Group looks like it is left from the older server: Where is shows QCS007 - QCS001. (QCS001 is the old server that was decommissioned.). Is there anything else that I need to do?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Event ID 2159 Relating to old server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter