• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Event ID 4002 MSExchange Availability resolution

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Event ID 4002 MSExchange Availability resolution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event ID 4002 MSExchange Availability resolution - 21.Mar.2013 10:32:39 AM   
jonleisten

I'm regularly getting the error at the bottom of this post on our Hub Transport/Client Access servers. We are running the following:

Two Exchange 2010 Hub/CAS Servers (Windows NLB) in a CAS array at our production site. Two Exchange 2010 mailbox servers at our production site. One Exchange 2010 server running all three roles (Hub/CAS/Mailbox) in it's own CAS array at our disaster recovery site (same domain and forest). All four Exchange 2010 servers in our production site are running SP2 RU5v2.

When I check the results of the "Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory | fl" this is the information I get:

InternalUrl : https://webmail.myexternaldomainname.com/ews/exchange.asmx
ExternalUrl : https://webmail.myexternaldomainname.com/ews/exchange.asmx

webmail.myexternaldomainname.com is also the external url for accessing OWA.

The name of the CAS array for the production site is exchangemailca.myinternaldomainname.com which is what is used for Outlook configuration as the server name. Internal DNS contains a record for autodiscover that points to the IP address of the CAS array, and external DNS contains a record for autodiscover that points to the external IP address of the CAS array (we don't use Edge Transport servers). The DNS records for mail also point to the CAS array IP address.

I've just read MS tech note http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997237.aspx and want to make sure I understand correctly. It looks like we have things configured correctly but we must not or we wouldn't be getting the error below.

We don't have an autodiscover or mail record setup in the forward lookup zone for our internal domain, only the external domain - is this the reason?

Process 6072: ProxyWebRequest CrossSite from S-1-5-21-171385942-1366305464-1136263860-19498 to https://webmail.mydomain.com/ews/exchange.asmx failed. Caller SIDs: NetworkCredentials. The exception returned is Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.ProxyWebRequestProcessingException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The server cannot service this request right now. Try again later.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.Proxy.Service.EndGetUserAvailability(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.FreeBusyApplication.EndProxyWebRequest(ProxyWebRequest proxyWebRequest, QueryList queryList, Service service, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.ProxyWebRequest.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.AsyncWebRequest.EndInvokeWithErrorHandling(). The request information is ProxyWebRequest type = CrossSite, url = https://webmail.mydomain.com/ews/exchange.asmx
Mailbox list = <extest_1b89b2496a534>SMTP:extest_1b89b2496a534@mydomain.com, Parameters: windowStart = 3/21/2013 1:00:00 AM, windowEnd = 3/21/2013 2:00:00 AM, MergedFBInterval = 30, RequestedView = FreeBusy
. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The server cannot service this request right now. Try again later.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.Proxy.Service.EndGetUserAvailability(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.FreeBusyApplication.EndProxyWebRequest(ProxyWebRequest proxyWebRequest, QueryList queryList, Service service, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.ProxyWebRequest.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.AsyncWebRequest.EndInvokeWithErrorHandling()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
. Name of the server where exception originated: EXCHANGEHUB02. Make sure that the Active Directory site/forest that contain the user's mailbox has at least one local Exchange 2010 server running the Availability service. Turn up logging for the Availability service and test basic network connectivity.

< Message edited by jonleisten -- 21.Mar.2013 12:35:58 PM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Event ID 4002 MSExchange Availability resolution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter