• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question - 23.Jan.2003 10:53:00 PM   
Xuser

Hi,

We currently have 1 site, 1 organization on our Exch5.5 Server. We would like to install Exch2000 and run parallel with our existing Exch5.5. We know we need ADC and SRS for replication to take place. However, I have this question in mind.

1. If we need to create, manage user's mailbox, do we go into Active Directory Users and Computers to do that, or do we still use our Exch5.5 Administrator to perform these tasks?

Pls advise. TIA.
Post #: 1
RE: Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question - 29.Jan.2003 5:32:00 PM   
keithb1179

When you install the exch 2k administrator program (system manager) it will upgrade your existing 5.5 administrator program, and you use that to manage your 5.5 mailboxes.

Also do yourself a favor and do not use any other adc except for the one on sp3. It really screwed things in AD up around here using the older version. Hope this helps.

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 2
RE: Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question - 29.Jan.2003 5:39:00 PM   
Xuser

quote:
Originally posted by keithb1179:
When you install the exch 2k administrator program (system manager) it will upgrade your existing 5.5 administrator program, and you use that to manage your 5.5 mailboxes.

Also do yourself a favor and do not use any other adc except for the one on sp3. It really screwed things in AD up around here using the older version. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I thought using the ADC from Exch2000 is recommended instead?

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 3
RE: Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question - 29.Jan.2003 8:03:00 PM   
keithb1179

yes, but use the one from exch2k sp3.

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 4
RE: Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question - 29.Jan.2003 8:09:00 PM   
Xuser

quote:
Originally posted by keithb1179:

One more question Keith. I have tested installing Exch5.5 and 2000 on the same site and organization. I don't see any difference in the Exch5.5 Administrator program. What is the difference? The interface looks different or ?

My first thought would be to use Active Directory Users and Computers MMC to manage users and their respective mailboxes, since Exch2000 is already running at the same time. Pls advise, TIA.

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Exch5.5 and Exch2000 together simple question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter