• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchane 2007 Calendar does not show user schedule under Scheduling Assistant over Outlook Anywhere

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Exchane 2007 Calendar does not show user schedule under Scheduling Assistant over Outlook Anywhere Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchane 2007 Calendar does not show user schedule under... - 19.Apr.2008 12:11:10 PM   
medfordjared

Environment: Exchange 2007 SP1. Outlook 2007.

I have a strange issue that I can not find a resolution on. Under normal circumstances, Outlook 2007 displays user and conference room schedules when using the exchange calendar feature. However, when the user connects over the web using Outlook Anywhere,  the schedule for those objects is grayed out with slashes and "no free/busy informationn could be retrieved" is listed when hovered over.

I've done all the sugested DNS work both local and on our Internet DNS servers,  and also URL and SSL certificate changes through EMS, but this strange little behavior keeps happening, so I think I missed something, and may have narrowed it down to a Exchange config issue. The reason I think this is that when I vpn into the office, the IP address for the exchange server is resolving to a private IP address, however the outlook schedule DOES NOT behave like the machine is internal, instead the objects listed above's schedules continue to be grayed out.

One last strange behavior. I had to setup a cname for "autodiscover.domain.com" to point to my OWA URL over https. There is one issue that arises when I do an autodiscover test through outlook, and that is that the certificate name mismatch warning, which I click through. After that, the test succeeds with the correct non-autodiscover A records for my OWA server, but I'm wondering if that the default autodiscover.domain.com search is revealing that Outlook can't  deal with a certificate mismatch, as this method Outlook uses when the Exchange server is local is slightly different.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchane 2007 Calendar does not show user schedule u... - 22.Apr.2008 2:44:05 PM   
leungda

I also having the same problem. When I open outlook 2007, the outlook complain that the cert is mismatch the autodiscover.abc.com. Of course, I know it is mismatch because my OWA is not using autodiscover.abc.com. I don't know how to fix it but I am still look around.

For the Exchange 2007, Microsoft is over do the certificate thing. So many problem with the cerificate issue like activesync, autodiscover, secuity email, etc.

For example, my PPC WM6 don't even able to sync because of the cert issue and I cannot export the certicate with private key to my PDA. I am using Vista. When I request a certicate from Windows Mobile Device Centre. The Microsoft CA is said that the cert is issue success but the Windows Mobile Device Centre said it is not. Make me crazy.....

(in reply to medfordjared)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchane 2007 Calendar does not show user schedule u... - 22.Apr.2008 9:31:31 PM   
John Weber

try this for starters...

http://tsoorad.blogspot.com/2008/01/outlook-2007-certificate-error.html

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to leungda)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Exchane 2007 Calendar does not show user schedule under Scheduling Assistant over Outlook Anywhere Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter