• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 FE recovery

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 FE recovery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 FE recovery - 14.Jul.2010 5:20:44 AM   
newexadmin

Greetings!

Friends, I have been going through many articles on exchange 2003 over this fabulous msexchange.org and also microsoft technet.
Read about exchange 2003 back end server recovery, but cant find any article on front end server recovery.
Lets say the front end server that I have right now crashes, do I have to use /recovery switch?
Presently I have SSL configured, IIS is backed-up via console itself.

What I am looking for is a step by step guide to restore or recovery exchange 2003 front end server, this will really help me alot.

Waiting for replies.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 FE recovery - 15.Jul.2010 5:50:43 PM   
uemurad

What issues come to your mind when you are thinking about having to recover?

There isn't really anything unique stored on a FrontEnd server.  You just need to build a new FE.  You may need to configure the NIC with the same IP address as was used before, but as long as the server is part of the same Exchange Organization and is reachable by everything that needs to communicate with it, you're pretty much good to go.  If you have set up special message routing involving the current FE, you just need to make sure you've documented it so that you can recreate the routing if needed.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to newexadmin)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 FE recovery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter