• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 SBS Outlook Anywhere Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange 2003 SBS Outlook Anywhere Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 SBS Outlook Anywhere Problem - 14.Jan.2011 8:39:15 AM   
bateji

Hi guys,

I have this weird problem and was hoping that someone here can help me.

I am trying to set up Outlook Anywhere on a few smartphones. I am also testing with Outlook 2003.

I have ports 80 and 443 pointing to the exchange server and OWA is working fine over HTTPS. "RCP over HTTP proxy" component is installed on the server. Exchange is 2003 (no SP1). I have set up in IIS the default website to allow anonymous access and use basic authentication also. the same goes for Exchange, Rpc and RpcWithCert websites. In Outlook I've set up the proxy server with basic authentication.

One possible problem can be that the CN in the certificate does not match the FQDN of the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: Also the domain name of the server is of type domain.local

< Message edited by bateji -- 14.Jan.2011 9:10:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 SBS Outlook Anywhere Problem - 17.Jan.2011 5:48:04 AM   
bateji

OK, I've narrowed the problem.
It works when the client is in the office or has VPN connected, but it would not work otherwise.
It should be either firewall or DNS. As far as I know Outlook Anywhere only uses port 443, it is not the firewall (:443 points to the server and OWA works over HTTPS).
This leaves the DNS. As I said the server's domain name is of type server.domain.local
I set up server.domain.local to point to the public IP of the server in hosts file of the client, but it did not work.

I am clueless. Any ideas?

Thanks

(in reply to bateji)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange 2003 SBS Outlook Anywhere Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter