• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 and multiple email domains...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange 2003 and multiple email domains... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 and multiple email domains... - 4.Apr.2006 11:46:31 AM   
f1r3b4ll

Hello there.

I'm fairly new to sbs and exchange, and i have the following situation.

A particular user has an account and an email address on the server as joe1@company1.com. This is all fine, as the domain on the server is set to company1. However, he also wants to send and recieve mail through the server as joe2@company2.com. He wants to keep the addresses totally seperate, so i thought this would be easy by adding 2 seperate accounts to SBS, one being joe1 and one being joe2.

The emails are recieved using the pop3 connector, and everything is fine for joe1@company1.com. The problem i'm having is with the second account. E-mails are recieved fine and delivered to joe2's email box, but whenever he sends out, it sends out as joe2@company1.com. So I changed the smtp address to joe2@company2.com and unchecked update address but when it is set like this, the mails no longer get recieved, its like they are disappearing into a black hole.

Any ideas? or any other way of dealing with this?

Thanks
- Simon
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 and multiple email domains... - 17.May2006 9:29:00 PM   
gwestergren

http://www.nus.edu.sg/comcen/itcare/guides/How%20to%20have%20two%20mailboxes%20in%20Outlook%202003.pdf

Here is a link that helped me setup one of my clients to access both domain email addresses.

I created 2 users to distinguish between the 2 domains for example.

Joe_(company1)@company1.com
Joe_(company2)@company2.com

Than in the email address tab of their properties i removed the email address for the other company.  Than if you follow the link above it shows how you can have 2 mailboxes in his outlook.  Basically you are delegating his 2nd accout to be used through his main box and you can send and receive as the 2nd company.

If you need more help let me know and i'll do what i can.

(in reply to f1r3b4ll)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange 2003 and multiple email domains... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter