• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 to 2010 question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Exchange 2003 to 2010 question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 to 2010 question - 11.Jun.2009 6:21:08 PM   
sabasigh

I currently have a single Exchange 2003 server in a Windows 2003 Domain. I started looking at transitioning to 2007 but got side tracked when I discovered that I would have to separate the CAS/MBX roles in order to maintain my current DNS name.

So now I know I need 2 servers to keep my webmail.domain.com URL space. And since Exchange 2010 is right around the corner, I'd like to skip 2007 altogether.

My question is about role placement. As the first server, do I install a CAS/HT machine and have that be my front end?

Then add a server with the MBX role to move mailboxes? Or should the HT role be on the MBX server?

I plan on using Win2008 R2 machines during my testing.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 to 2010 question - 12.Jun.2009 1:34:42 AM   
Henrik Walther

Yes typically you would want to put the HT server role on the CAS server, but actually you could install it on one or the other.

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!

(in reply to sabasigh)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Exchange 2003 to 2010 question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter