• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 2.Jan.2009 8:06:09 PM   
AdiSpahn

we have one exchange server as hub-transport configured and it works well. but there is one issue for wich we don't have a solution:
popbeamer (pop-software) is installed on the exchange server and get our mails from our provider and send it to the related mailboxes on our exchange server. since popbeamer is installed on the exchange server, the recevier-ip in mail-header shows 127.0.0.1 and exchange handle all mails like internal mails and give all of them an scl-value of "-1" (that means: internal mail, dont't check with imf).
can someone help me with this issue? what can we do?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 2.Jan.2009 8:48:29 PM   
Draconis

Can you just install it on another server so it doesnt use localhost?  The product info states that you can direct email messages to a specific exchange server.  Not sure if it will allow SPAM protection since you will be inside your own network.  Maybe someone else can post additional information.

< Message edited by Draconis -- 2.Jan.2009 8:49:38 PM >

(in reply to AdiSpahn)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 2.Jan.2009 9:08:35 PM   
Draconis

It looks like if popbeamer uses SMTP to submit the emails to your Exchange server, which will most likely be the case, then you should be able to scan the emails.  Again, it needs to be on another server to be able to be filtered.  Try it out and let us know.

Quote from the link:
When messages are received at a Hub Transport server, transport rules are applied and, if anti-spam and antivirus agents are configured, these agents provide an additional layer of anti-spam and antivirus protection.

Link

(in reply to AdiSpahn)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 3.Jan.2009 2:52:42 AM   
AdiSpahn

Draconis, thanks for your prompt reply.

i've tried already: when i install popbeamer on a different server, all the mails will be checked with imf and it shows a correct scl-value.

that couldn't be true, that we installed hard- and software for $ 5'000.-- and at the end, the whole thing doesn't work, cause we have to install a second server only for popbeamer (a software for $ 120.--)?

is there no other possibility or idea, which we can try?

(in reply to Draconis)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 3.Jan.2009 7:01:33 AM   
Draconis

Well if you are using localhost right now as the network address for your Exchange Server in the PopBeamer config then it will use the 127.0.0.1 ip address.  What happens when you configure it to the real IP address of that exchange server instead of using localhost?  If this doesnt work, you will need to follow up with them since you did purchase the software and should be able to receive support.  Theres nothing listed on their site regarding your situation.

(in reply to AdiSpahn)
Post #: 5
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 3.Jan.2009 2:31:34 PM   
AdiSpahn

i've tried already localhost, 127.0.0.1, the real ip-address, configured a second ip-address on exchange server... still the same problem.

i've also contacted dataenter and got the answer: IMF doesn't work with a pop3-Downloader or any other smtp-relay. This is not a bug, it's the design of a pop3-downloader. we have to buy xwall-software to stop spam. crazy, isn't it?

this problem is only a exchange 2007-issue, since exchange 2003 on the same server with popbeamer does work without any problem.

(in reply to Draconis)
Post #: 6
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 4.Jan.2009 3:47:25 AM   
AdiSpahn

Okey, problem now solved... after 3 nights of investigations... it's not a perfect solutions and not that, what i espect, but with this configuration, you can use popbeamer on a exchange 2007 and use interneal imf to protect agains spam.

under serverconfiguration->hub-transport->recipient connector "default" allow anonymous, to connect to this connector. than deactivate "exchange uses authentication". with this configuration, exchange 2007 will treat any message that comes through popbeamer as external.

thanks draconis for your inputs.

(in reply to AdiSpahn)
Post #: 7
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 4.Jan.2009 7:56:46 AM   
Draconis

No problem anytime.  I have a question though...Did you create a completely separate Receive Connector while specifying 127.0.0.1 as the only one allowed or did you modify an existing Receive Connector that also receives email from the internet?

(in reply to AdiSpahn)
Post #: 8
RE: Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer - 4.Jan.2009 1:56:10 PM   
AdiSpahn

i didn't create a new connector. since port 25 is not reachable from outsiede (since i only use pop3 to get the mails), i used/modified the default receive-connector, which is already by default configured. i only modified, to allow anonymus-authentication.

one tip more: if you use popbeamer and want to use the spam-quarantine-mailbox, you have to configure popbeamer to allow always sending ndr-messages. otherwise, you will not get the spam-mails to the quarantine-mailbox of the exchange.

(in reply to Draconis)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange 2007, antispam and POPBeamer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter