• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 ActiveSync using certificate based authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Exchange 2007 ActiveSync using certificate based authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 ActiveSync using certificate based authen... - 5.Aug.2009 8:28:16 AM   
Craigm

Hi All,

I have been trying to configure certificate based authentication for our WM devices - we are Running Windows 2008 Server STD and Exchange 2007 - i have been through the microsoft articles i.e. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232076.aspx and followed the steps to the tee, the device has the necessary certificate from the CA - imported certificate using ActiveSync Manager. I have configured Active Sync in Exchange to require certificates and unchecked the Basic authentication, but when i try and sync the device it continues to prompt to enter a password. Does the device require the Public cert and the client certificate(From the CA) to be installed on the device.

Im not too sure what else to try because as far as i can see everything is configured correctly, i have searched google and could not find much info.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007 ActiveSync using certificate based au... - 22.Sep.2009 10:18:38 AM   
fmg

Craigm,

did you find a solution to your problem? I'm facing the same issue and all I get is this "401 - unauthorized" error. No clue what else I can check..

(in reply to Craigm)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2007 ActiveSync using certificate based au... - 23.Sep.2009 3:36:51 AM   
fmg

finally found a solution..
After installing the role feature "client certificate mapping authentication" I had to manually unlock the xml configuration file.

appcmd unlock config /section
:clientCertificateMappingAuthentication

Found this guide on certificate based authentication for owa and applied it on the "microsoft-server-activesync" application.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/11/12/450094.aspx

(in reply to fmg)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Exchange 2007 ActiveSync using certificate based authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter