• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 CCR Install

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange 2007 CCR Install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 CCR Install - 2.Jan.2009 5:12:32 PM   
quazex13

Hello, and thank you in advance for any input you may have on this.

We installed Exchange 2007 on what are going to be our CAS servers eventually, though they currently have all roles (Hub, CAS and Mailbox). No problems there, everything went fine. This is on Dell servers with Windows Server 2008 64 bit installed as the OS.

We want to install CCR as well on our servers that will, of course, only be Mailbox servers, an Active and a Passive. The install on the Active went well and all the prereq stuff went ok and it installed. We went to install the passive node and got some issues related to the 2003 policies that we currently have. We resolved those by deleting them, running the passive node install and then putting them back in.

When we open the Exchange Console on the CCR nodes, there is no mention of the server being seen as a CCR node, it is not an Exchange mailbox server at all. It seems to be that only the Management Console installed properly. However, the cluster is still being seen in the Server Configuration (role Provisioned) but that is all that is available. I am not too sure what went wrong or where to look to see what can be done to remediate it.

In the Cluster Administration portion, the resource comes online and is all happy, but we do not see the additional resources we would expect to see "Network Name" is there but the rest (IP Address, Exchange Information Store Instance, Exchange System Attendant Instance and First Storage Group/Mailbox Database) are not.

When we try to run the command in Exchange shell of get-clusteredmailboxserverstatus -identity mailboxserver, we get an error stating that it cannot query one of our domain controllers properly. So something went horribly wrong with the install but we did not see where it all fell apart with the CCR install and have no idea where to go from here.

Again, if there are any ideas, thought, *prayers*, I am all for hearing what you have.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

E
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007 CCR Install - 3.Jan.2009 7:27:11 AM   
jveldh

Hi,

Have you check the tutorial from HenrikWalther it's a really good one so please check if you followed all steps as described there:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Installing-Configuring-Testing-Exchange-2007-Cluster-Continuous-Replication-Based-Mailbox-Server-Part1.html

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to quazex13)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2007 CCR Install - 21.Jan.2009 11:54:47 AM   
quazex13

I had to end up and call MS. There was a replication issue that we had not given enough time to resolve itself. We got it working with them. It was not pretty but it is working now. I had followed the tutorial and that is what got me that far. Thanks for the input.

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange 2007 CCR Install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter