• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 CCR issue with logsfile backup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> Exchange 2007 CCR issue with logsfile backup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 CCR issue with logsfile backup - 26.Sep.2010 2:21:56 AM   
jhonbecker

Hi,
I’ve been having a problem with Exchange 2007 backups; the next is a description of the details about the environment:
-          The platform consist in an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster with 2 nodes, file sharing cluster, the OS for the nodes is Windows Server 2008.
-          The third party application that we are using for backups is Data Protector from HP.
-          The platform has been migrated from Exchange 2003.
-          There are 6 Datastorage with they respective DB.
Before the migration we did a LAB to test the backups with the DP (Data Protector HP) and everything was fine, there was no problem with it.  But after the migration there is a curios situation, the DP runs the backup job without error, there is no log with some issue about any problem, the same in the event viewer of the 2 nodes in the cluster, instead there are events in both (DP and Node) saying that the backup starts and finish successfully, even records that the deletion of the logs files was started and ended successfully too, but only the logs of 2 DB are cleared, the other ones remains intact,  and the logs are not erased.
I check the CCR replication between the nodes and everything looks fine, every is “Healthy ”, there is only 1 event related with replication in the passive node:
“There was a problem with ‘name of server node’, which is an alternate name for ‘name of server node’.  The list of aliases is now ‘name of server node’, and the alias ‘was’ removed from the list.  The specific problem is ‘’ CreateFile(\\name of server node\GUID\E0300004793.log)=2 ”
I’ve been searching for some time but found nothing, if someone has seen the issue and found a fix, I’ll appreciate the help.

Thanks
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> Exchange 2007 CCR issue with logsfile backup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter