• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 exam experience

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Certification >> Exchange 2007 exam experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 exam experience - 17.Oct.2007 2:09:21 PM   
Jesper Bernle

Hi all!

As you can see in my signature Im not fully updated with the certifications on Exchange Server 2007. Im absolutely not new to Exchange 2007, been playing with it since Beta 1. But Im curious about the new 3 exams for the MCITP title.

For those of you who have taken all 3 exams, can you share your thoughts on these exams. Which one was the hardest for you, and why?

Prep materials? I recently bought Tony Redmonds book on Exchange 2007 and this far it feels like a great source of information. I also plan to more thoroughly read through the 4 Deplyoyment Guides from Microsoft. What else? Any tips?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007 exam experience - 20.Mar.2008 10:37:04 AM   
tfd6412

Hiya mate!

I haven't taken all three exams but I did just get 70-237 out of the way a little over a week ago.  I don't think I can accurately comment on the difficulty of this particular exam due to the fact that I was having trouble concentrating because of another noisey test taker in the room with me.  Also, for some reason I had horrible test anxiety that morning.  However, it certainly wasn't the most difficult exam I've taken.

The single most valuable resource in preparing for this exam was probably the practice exams.  I used SelfTest Software, but others will swear by the more expensive Transcender.  They're both under the same parent company, Kaplan, and when I downloaded the Transcender demo, the questions and format were identical to those of SelfTest.  My place of employment was also gracious enough to send me to quite a bit of instructor led training on Exchange 2007 during the summer of last year prior to our migration.  So I'm sure that helped.

As far as books purchased, you can't go wrong with Henrik's book, How to Cheat at Configuring Exchange Server 2007 and  Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unleashed

70-238 is up next for me and I hope to pass that within about a month or so.  I'll once again be using SelfTest for the practice exams and probably give this book a shot.

Good luck!
Bob

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2007 exam experience - 19.Sep.2008 10:27:40 AM   
samimaloba

Hi Everyone,
Sorry Jas, i dont have much to tell you about these exams, but atleast you have gone far already in this field and i just wanted you assist me in start up, I have an opportunity to be Enterprise Messaging Administrator, We have just bought the  server to be installed with Exchange 2007.   Show me how to climb the stairs within the shortest period.
Thanks and best regards
Sam

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Certification >> Exchange 2007 exam experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter