• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 3.Dec.2007 9:44:40 AM   
tca123

Hi,
We have an Exchange 2007 server that has OWA working ok, VPN and firewall setup ok, but our O2 Graphite phones say that says that sync could not be completed. Please try again later.
I ahve gone through the guides on this website but am lost to know why its not connecting.
I am using a certificate that was created on install and have not downloaded this to the mobile, does this need to be completed?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 3.Dec.2007 10:24:43 AM   
rishishah

If you are using the standard cert made by Exchange during install than you need to force your WM device to trust the certificate.

Export the certificate root and than copy it on to your WM device and double click on it within WM and this will bring up a promt asking whether you wish to trust it or not.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to tca123)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 3.Dec.2007 10:29:12 AM   
tca123

Thought it was something like that, how do i go about exporting teh certificate?

thanks.

(in reply to tca123)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 3.Dec.2007 10:37:37 AM   
rishishah

because the cert that will probably be deployed during install will not have the FQDN, your best bet is to either get a commercial cert or deploy your own CA.

There are a few companies that do free commercial certs for webservers. Google for StartCom Free SSL Certification Authority. Get an appropriate URL, ensure your external DNS record is correct, and ensure that eithin the CAS role you have set the external URL to that of the cert and the external dns record. Install the cert within IIS.

You will than have to download thier CA (from thier website) and trust it on the WM device if it is not already trusted.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to tca123)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 3.Dec.2007 10:46:02 AM   
tca123

Will try that tomorrow, many thanks

(in reply to tca123)
Post #: 5
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 5.Dec.2007 9:28:57 AM   
rishishah

did this work

Rishi Shah, MCP

(in reply to tca123)
Post #: 6
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 12.Dec.2007 4:43:02 PM   
gdoes

quote:

because the cert that will probably be deployed during install will not have the FQDN, your best bet is to either get a commercial cert or deploy your own CA.

Does that mean, it won't work with the one deployed during installation?

-Glenn

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 7
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 16.Jan.2008 4:36:01 PM   
rishishah

No it wont work with the one deployed during install.

Rishi Shah, MCP

(in reply to gdoes)
Post #: 8
RE: Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync - 19.Feb.2008 7:01:14 PM   
NunoUFO

also have the same problem:

I have a local domain: wmobile.local and have generated new certificates through CA.
However these dont seem to work, nor even on internet explorer on the server itself.
Do I have to have an internet domain configured? If so, can I configure it even though I am using Dyndns and a dynamic IP connection?

Thanks in advance
Nuno

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Exchange 2007 unable to allow Activesync Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter