• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010 CAS server in NLB reboot forces some users to re-authenticate

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Exchange 2010 CAS server in NLB reboot forces some users to re-authenticate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010 CAS server in NLB reboot forces some user... - 26.Jun.2014 10:40:09 AM   
paladax

I have 4 Exchange servers.

2 X CAS servers
2 X Mailbox servers

The mailbox servers are in a DAG. That works fine and replication happens between them quite happily.

The 2 Cas servers are in a NLB and seem ok with that. However, if I reboot one of the CAS servers then some of my users get prompted for their credentials. If you try re-enter the credentials then it just keeps coming up asking for the password. If they close outlook and re-open then it seems to be fine. From what I can gather online this is because the Outlook session has authenticated against the CAS1 for instance. And if CAS1 goes offline, then NLB not being that intelligent swaps the connection over to CAS2. But CAS2 then see’s this as a new connection and so asks for the password again.

Is this right or have I misconfigured something? If it is right then is there any way to get around it? Or is it just the way it is and on the odd occasions that we have to reboot in the middle of the day users will just have to close and re-open where necessary?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Exchange 2010 CAS server in NLB reboot forces some users to re-authenticate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter