• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010 Installation Issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Exchange 2010 Installation Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010 Installation Issues - 19.Aug.2013 8:38:11 AM   
Salongec

I need someone to please help. I have been working on this for 2 weeks, installed, uninstalled and reinstalled and still having problems.

I currently have Exchange 2003 working on a virtual server. We need to upgrade to 2010 due to mailbox space issues. This is the only benefit we are looking for in 2010.

I created a virtual server with 14 gb of memory and went through the install process. Everything appeared to work fine. I migrated a test mailbox to Exchange 2010 was able to use OWA internally, but unable to get it to work externally. I was told that I did not run all the AD preps, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. this is where my problems started. Not only was I unable to use OWA from the outside, I am unable to send email from my test mailbox to anywhere.

I logged on to our external DNS and I created an A record and a MX record with the new server information. I pointed the new A record at the same IP as the current Exchange 2003 - nothing broke so far.

I also went into EMC - Organization - Hub Transport and created a new Send Connector and then my current Exchange server 2003 stopped sending outside email. So then I deleted the new connectors, restarted Exchangr 2003, so now that is functioning properly again, but I am stuck.

Please can someone help. I have to get this up and running and I am basically on my own. I wss told I needed to forward ports, etc. but I am lost right there.

thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2010 Installation Issues - 27.Aug.2013 1:13:18 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

Can you please describe what the current status is. Do you have Exchange 2010 deployed? If so which ings have you configured?

Regards,
Johan

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to Salongec)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2010 Installation Issues - 18.Dec.2013 11:12:03 AM   
wgermain

Hello,
I am attempted to migrate our MS MX Server from 2003 – 2010 for the last two weeks. I continue to receive the error below every time. Most of my servers including the two Domain Controllers are Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise.

I followed some recommendations online, but nothing fixed it. Below is what I’ve tried so far. I am willing to pay someone if they can assist me remotely or onsite. Please leave me your contact information.

•deleting the the REG_MULTI_SZ value PendingFileRenameOperations from HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations
•no HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations key. I did a regedit search for "PendingFileRenameOperations"
•Reboot both Domain Controllers, 2003 Mail Server, and the new server that I am attempted to install MX
Thank you.

A reboot from a previous installation is pending. Please restart the system and rerun setup.
I was trying to install Exchange Server 2007 SP3 Management Tools on a Windows 7 PC. During the installation I received the following error:

A reboot from a previous installation is pending. Please restart the system and rerun setup.

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Exchange 2010 Installation Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter