• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 Migration Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 Migration Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 Migration Question - 22.Nov.2016 1:26:41 AM   
mrv76

My client is running SBS 2011. I moved them off SBS 2011 and migrated them to Exchange 2013 running Server 2012 R2. I also created another Server 2012 R2 server that's the domain controller. I thought I had everything migrated over to Exchange 2013. As I test, I turned off the Exchange 2010 server and wanted to see what is broken before I uninstall it for good.

When the Exchange 2010 server is off, all my Outlook 2007 clients receive popup message asking for the credentials. I made sure the Outlook clients have SP3 and the November cumulative update. When I attempt to enter the credentials it doesn't work. When I perform a Test Auto Email Configuration in Outlook, it doesn't. I tried created split DNS on my local DNS server to resolve the domain name internally, however that didn't fix the problem. I also tried creating a local SRV record for _autodiscover but that didn't work either. I was going to uninstall the CAS server role on Exchange 2010 to see if that fixes it, but wasn't sure if that would break something else. Once I turn the Exchange 2010 server back on, everything is working again. I really appreciate everyone who take the time to read this and any advice they can give me to resolve this issue.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 Migration Question - 22.Nov.2016 5:02:34 AM   
MessagingGuy

Hello,

Sounds like autodiscover isn't working correctly.
Can you check what is your AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri
You can check this in the ExchangeManagementShell: get-clientaccessService | fl autodiscoverservice*

You also could (and should) configure on the old server to use the autodiscover url of the new server.

Also verify that the new server is using the correct certificate including the name you have for autodiscover (typically that is autodiscover.domain.com)

(in reply to mrv76)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 Migration Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter