• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2013 Outlook Anywhere using local CA published certificate

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Exchange 2013 Outlook Anywhere using local CA published certificate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2013 Outlook Anywhere using local CA published... - 7.Jan.2015 12:57:05 AM   
matty_d2002

Hi All,

I have only really started looking into Exchange recently and was wondering if someone can answer the following query?

Is it possible to use a local CA published certificate to access Outlook Anywhere rather than having to use a public generated certificate without having to apply this certificate the machine in question?

A brief description of my setup: -

It is a test environment running Server 2012 with Exchange 2013. All traffic passes through a server 2008 R2 box running TMG 2010.
I have one Exchange server running both frontend and backend roles. My Domain Controller is the CA for the Domain with a published certificate being generated for this Exchange server.
SMTP and IIS have been published to this CA generated certificate with POP and IMAP left assigned against the self signed certificate.

One of my work colleagues has said it is not possible to use a non public certificate but I have read in forums it is but it must be a trusted certificate and not a self signed one.

Emails are fully working with internal, external to internal and rice-versa all fully tested. OWA is also published through TMG so this is accessible both internally as well as externally.

When running the Remote Connectivity Analyzer it returns an error "The certificate chain couldn't be built. You may be missing required intermediate certificates"

Outlook Anywhere fails with the error "The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority".

Is this possible without installing the certificate on the "Non-Domain" joined machine?

Was this possible with previous versions of Exchange and has only appeared in 2013?

Regards,
Matt
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Exchange 2013 Outlook Anywhere using local CA published certificate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter