• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 15.Apr.2005 11:21:00 PM   
fatboy

Hi All,

We currently have five 5.5 Exchange servers that we want to migrate over to 2003. I am working with the ADC Tools right now: Steps 1-3 run fine; however, step 4 tells me

"Pass 1 of 2: Active Directory Connector Object Replication Check validation (objects processed: 825)
Active Directory Connector Object Replication Check completed. No unreplicated objects found.
Pass 2 of 2: Active Directory Object Replication Scan validation (objects processed: 838)
Warning: Active Directory still contains objects that are not replicated to the Exchange 5.5 directory. If you have just run Connection Agreement Wizard, allow time for directory replication to complete, and then rerun the verification task in Step 4. Otherwise, run the Connection Agreement Wizard.
Finished verifying the results of the ADC Tools."

I've been searching online on how to understand the various files that ADC creates (ntObjectCheck.xml, adcObjectCheck.xml, and NtdsNoMatch.xml) and have found nothing. It looks to me like the offending "object" would be found in ntObjectCheck.xml, but the file doesn't make any sense to me. I have limited knowledge in Exchange...

If someone who knows what to look for would be willing to look at a file, I could email it to them.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated,
Patrick
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 24.Apr.2005 9:55:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Have you tried to wait and then rerun the ADC validation tools??

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 25.Apr.2005 5:47:00 PM   
fatboy

Hi,

It's now been over a week and it still says it. Very frustrating, because I don't know what has to be fixed...

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 26.Apr.2005 6:29:00 PM   
ScottyFryer

has anything replicated over to 2003?

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 26.Apr.2005 6:33:00 PM   
ScottyFryer

You are using Exchange 2003 SP1 with the SP1 Version of the ADC installed right?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842124

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 27.Apr.2005 9:53:00 PM   
fatboy

Thanks for the replys!

Exchange itself is not installed yet... the instructions so far have only been Phase 1: Planning and now I'm on Phase 2: Prepare Active Directory. Phase 3 is Installing Exchange Server 2003 on the Initial Server.

Phase 3 - Step 3:
Install Exchange Server 2003 on the new server by running Exchange Setup. To install Exchange, your account must have the following permissions: Full Exchange Administrator (at the organization level), Exchange 5.5 Admin under the organization, site, and configuration nodes, and local machine administrator. If ADC Tools have not been run, Setup will stop.

Should I proceed as I have been or install Exchange now?

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 14.May2005 12:07:00 AM   
fatboy

As far as I am concerned, this thread is closed... I have solved my issues and can now create and move mailboxes with the new Exchange 2003 server [Smile]

If you need help feel free to reply and I will do my best to help out...

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 6.Jun.2005 7:29:00 PM   
captainjy

What did you do to resolve the issue? I just ran ADC so I know that it may still take some time for replication, but if I find that replication has not completed by tomorrow afternoon, I would like to know what you did. Appreciate any info!

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues - 6.Jun.2005 7:37:00 PM   
fatboy

EXCHANGE SERVER DEPLOYMENT TOOLS SP1 >>>
I "skipped" Step 2, number 7 (See below for ADC Tools) and moved on to Step 3 and never looked back!

ADC TOOLS >>>
After cleaning up the issues in Step 3 and Step 4 still barking at me, I found the M$ article that says the Service Pack for Exchange 2003 would fix the problem. I proceeded as if Step 4 was good and installed Exchange and the SP and all has been good ever since! However, I would spend a couple days trying to fix whatever errors come up for the Connection Agreement --> It will be easier to help/tell you to move along once you have something to report on as an issue.

(in reply to fatboy)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter