• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange Certificates HELP!!!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Secure Messaging >> Exchange Certificates HELP!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange Certificates HELP!!! - 15.May2012 12:23:34 AM   
dogmanx

Hi guys,
Wondering if someone can help me with a problem that is causing me great grief.
I have setup Exchange 2010 in our company and everything seems to be working OK. I have setup OWA and Outlook anywhere for mobility communications and all is well.
I was using the default Exchange certificate and users were reporting they were receiving the unable to connect to proxy error when they started Outlook not on VPN. Obviously I hadnt set it up correctly.
I got the funding to purchase an SSL certificate from Godaddy and have set it up. All seems to be working OK, but now I am getting people on the new exchange reporting certificate pop ups every few minutes.
The weird thing is that it doesnt happen to me and I am on the same exchange server.
I have messed around with creating self signed certificates, but cant get the errors to go away.
The certificate I have setup has "mail.***.com.au" set as CN and it seems that outlook clients are connecting to the exchange using this certificate internally.
My question is, how do I get this to stop, and how to i get users to use exchange internally without having to use a certificate.
I have also tried installing the certificate into the trusted root store/registry, and also tried the default windows one (next next next etc).
Please help!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange Certificates HELP!!! - 17.May2012 10:44:19 AM   
pjhutch

You are correct to replace the self-signed certificate with a publicly trusted certificate authority. Although, I have not heard of Godaddy myself.
If users are getting certificate errors then it may be a trust issue and they should check that the Go Daddy root certificate is actually installed on their PCs:

Go to Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Content, Certificates, Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

On my PC, the root cert is called 'Go Dadday Class 2 Certification Authority', is the same one you are using?

You can push out root certificates to PCs in your organisation using GRoup Policy. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770315(v=ws.10).aspx

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to dogmanx)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Secure Messaging >> Exchange Certificates HELP!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter