• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange Setup Multiple Domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange Setup Multiple Domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 12.Jan.2006 8:37:27 PM   
wooying

For all you Exchange Expert here my question.  I have 2 forest and they is currently a trust between both domains.  My question is can I have one Exchange 2003 Server on ABC.com and one Exchange 2003 Server on 123.com.  At the same time I can share mailbox resource between both domain.  Meaning that if I want to host both domains on ABC.com for both ABC.COM and 123.COM can it be done.  I understand that I am limited to 1 Storage group with the Standard Edition while the Enterpise Edition I can host up to 20 different Storage groups.  Would I be able to setup accounts for either domains and select their proper email address.  Also what if a 3rd domain came into the picture can it be done.  So ABC.com will have a E2K3 Exchange Server on ABC.COM and 123.COM will also have a E2K3 Exchange Server on their domain.  Will we be able to set them up?  Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 13.Jan.2006 4:05:19 AM   
Jahanger

You can host both domain using one exchange organization, but the exchange organization can not span to AD forests.
You can host both 123.com and ABC.com using lets say exchange ORG that’s installed in 123.com then you can use the “Associated External Account” permissions to make users from abc.com owners of mailboxes and do the same thing for the new domain you want to create.

(in reply to wooying)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 13.Jan.2006 8:05:10 AM   
wooying

Jahanger

Thank you for your reply, I understand what you mean.  Then if I may trouble you and ask you this.  If I setup Exchange 2003 on 123.com and I want to cluster a server on ABC.com ( two-way trust over ATM) I assume that I can setup another Exchange Server in the office of ABC.com but it will have to be on 123.com, which is fine.  Then with Exchange 2003 Enterprise I can have multiple Storage Groups.  Then for one group I can have 123.com for one storage group and abc.com for the second storage group.  If this all can be done, then my only certain is the header.  I need to have the header of 123.com or abc.com come back and point to their domain whether it be abc.com or 123.com.  Will having two separate storage group allow me to have 2 separate header.  Even when a domain user from 123.com come to the office of abc.com and logs into his domain.  I am just worried that if they do come, emails will relay off ABC.com.  Because no where on the header can have the ip address of the other domain.  These 2 companies are known to the public as separate companies they cannot have any ties.  Let me know what are you thoughs are and I thank you very much for your input.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jahanger

You can host both domain using one exchange organization, but the exchange organization can not span to AD forests.
You can host both 123.com and ABC.com using lets say exchange ORG that's installed in 123.com then you can use the "Associated External Account” permissions to make users from abc.com owners of mailboxes and do the same thing for the new domain you want to create.

< Message edited by wooying -- 13.Jan.2006 8:10:03 AM >

(in reply to Jahanger)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 14.Jan.2006 12:34:49 AM   
Jahanger

Having 2 storage groups will not solve the problem, but you can create 2 Exchange virtual servers in the cluster server and create 1 routing groups for each one of the exchange servers and create SMTP connectors that will forward from abc.com to abc.com SMTP gateway and from 123.com to 123.com SMTP gateway, that way you will be able to control outbound mail flow.

(in reply to wooying)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 14.Jan.2006 7:56:14 PM   
wooying

Thanks again Jahanger

I check out Microsoft site and found this (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294201) and it looks like under the first administrative group I can have multiple Storage Groups.  Then by what your saying it looks like a I would cluster 2 the 2 server together and then I can setup a virtual server such as using VMWare?  This is the part I am a bit confused.  Sorry but if you can give me a little more guidance I would greatly appreciate it, thanks again

quote:

Having 2 storage groups will not solve the problem, but you can create 2 Exchange virtual servers in the cluster server and create 1 routing groups for each one of the exchange servers and create SMTP connectors that will forward from abc.com to abc.com SMTP gateway and from 123.com to 123.com SMTP gateway, that way you will be able to control outbound mail flow.

(in reply to Jahanger)
Post #: 5
RE: Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 15.Jan.2006 2:58:03 AM   
Jahanger

Instead of crating 2 storage groups, you can create 2 exchange virtual servers in the cluster server.

(in reply to wooying)
Post #: 6
RE: Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 15.Jan.2006 3:26:35 AM   
wooying

Jahanger by virtual server do you mean run something like VMWARE?

quote:

Instead of crating 2 storage groups, you can create 2 exchange virtual servers in the cluster server.

(in reply to Jahanger)
Post #: 7
RE: Exchange Setup Multiple Domains - 15.Jan.2006 3:42:52 AM   
Jahanger

In the cluster administrator you create 2 instants of exchange system attended server , which will create to 2 virtual exchange servers in the cluster.

(in reply to wooying)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange Setup Multiple Domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter