• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange on a Member Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> Installation >> Exchange on a Member Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange on a Member Server - 22.Dec.2000 2:02:00 AM   
Situation:

Set up site connector between two sites, A and B. Site A configured as a member server, site B as a BDC. I am unable to get the directory replication to work. To troubleshoot, I configured a third site (test site, call it site C) on the same side as my member server, but configured it as a BDC (thinking there may be some authentication issues between a member server to a BDC). Well, replication from site C to B works! My question is, short of rebuilding the member server as a BDC and restoring all of the mailboxes from backup (yuk), is there a way to make this replication work from member server to BDC? Is there something I'm missing here? I hadn't seen or heard of any issues of replication problems b/w member servers and domain controllers, but I haven't been doing this very long either.

Any input would be appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Exchange on a Member Server - 22.Dec.2000 11:33:00 AM   
Postman Pat

Does normal messaging work? I've found this to be the cause of 80% of dir rep problems, especially when a new site is created. Send a message using a full address from one site to the other then back again.

Are the Organisations identical, case sensitive?

BDC/Member makes no difference, your problem lies elsewhere. Post more background details for further help.

Pat.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange on a Member Server - 22.Dec.2000 8:06:00 PM   
OK, I tested basic messaging and it seems to be failing. I used the X400 address of a mailbox recipient in the other site and I am not getting a delivery reciept after I send (I didn't have anyone on the other side to test in the other direction). I'm assuming since I didn't get a delivery reciept that either a) my message didn't get to the recipient therefore messaging is not working in that direction, or b)the recipient did get the message but I didn't receive a delivery receipt b/c messaging is not working in the other direction. In either case, basic messaging is failing. Not sure where to go from here. Should I delete the site connectors and rebuild them?

Also, I triple checked and yes, the Organziation names are identical.

HELP!

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> Installation >> Exchange on a Member Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter