• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange performance issues & Event ID 7031

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange performance issues & Event ID 7031 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange performance issues & Event ID 7031 - 26.Jul.2005 12:09:00 PM   
DocFinity

Hello, about 2 weeks ago all my exchange services and IIS services ended with event ID 7031, it happened two or 3 times. I made sure I had all MS patches for windows and exchange, including the SP3 roll up. The services are not ending anymore but atleast once a day my clients are having very slow connectivity to the exchange info store, outlook throws the trying to retreive info from the exchange server message. The SMTP queue is completely normal. I noticed the activity light on my router is constantly blinking at a fast pace. When Ive seen this before it was from a DOS attack like sql slammer, only much worse. I setup a packet monitor on the server and all traffic looks normal. Mainly TCP and some FTP data. If I unplug the server from the network, the traffic goes to normal. Is there something I could have missed on the patch side. Does anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas? I appreciate any replies. Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange performance issues & Event ID 7031 - 27.Jul.2005 10:51:00 AM   
DocFinity

All my exchange services and IIS services again crashed at 1:44am last night. According to the application log this was right around the time of the online defrag of the database. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

(in reply to DocFinity)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange performance issues & Event ID 7031 - 1.Sep.2005 10:24:00 AM   
I have encountered the same problem with my mail server. In order for the services to come back up properly, it has to be fully shut down. Wait for a few minutes and then bring it back up. If I simply reboot the server all exchange services and WWW hang. Did you ever find a resolution to the problem?

Thanks for any asistance!

(in reply to DocFinity)
  Post #: 3
RE: Exchange performance issues & Event ID 7031 - 1.Sep.2005 10:37:00 AM   
DocFinity

this issue just pretty much stopped happening. I did not change anything it just stopped. It has not happened in quite a few weeks.

(in reply to DocFinity)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange performance issues & Event ID 7031 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter