• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FIXED - Outlook clients cannot view Public Folders; OWA views them fine

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> FIXED - Outlook clients cannot view Public Folders; OWA views them fine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FIXED - Outlook clients cannot view Public Folders; OWA... - 24.Mar.2008 9:05:04 AM   
beandip

We just transitioned from E2K3 to E2K7 and everything was going well.  I have moved all mailboxes over, replicated the public folders and removed the replicas from the old server, and now am waiting a couple of weeks before decommissioning the old server.

I was following the article Address List and EAP filter upgrades with Exchange Server 2007 and it all went well except one command::
Set-AddressList "Public Folders" -RecipientFilter { RecipientType -eq 'PublicFolder' }
generates the error message:

Set-AddressList : The operation could not be performed because 'Public Folders' matches multiple entries.
At line:1 char:16
+ Set-AddressList  <<<< "Public Folders" -RecipientFilter { RecipientType -eq 'PublicFolder' }

All the other commands worked fine and now show to be updated when I use
Get-AddressList | Format-List Name,*RecipientFilter*,ExchangeVersion except public folders is listed twice as type Legacy:

Name                       : Public Folders
RecipientFilter            :
LdapRecipientFilter        :
LastUpdatedRecipientFilter :
RecipientFilterApplied     : False
RecipientFilterType        : Legacy
ExchangeVersion            : 0.0 (6.5.6500.0)

Name                       : Public Folders
RecipientFilter            :
LdapRecipientFilter        : (& (mailnickname=*) (| (objectCategory=publicFolder) ))
LastUpdatedRecipientFilter :
RecipientFilterApplied     : False
RecipientFilterType        : Legacy
ExchangeVersion            : 0.0 (6.5.6500.0)

Before I did the commands in the article my clients were able to view public folders but now they get an error:
Cannot display the folder.  This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server.  Contact your Microsoft Exchange administrator for assistance.  But if we use OWA then we can view public folders just fine.

Interestingly enough if I dismount the public folder store on the old server the clients receive:
Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. Could not open the item. Try again. So I think there is a redirection problem somewhere.

I am baffled and I cannot find anything online to help me.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

< Message edited by beandip -- 26.Mar.2008 11:24:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook clients cannot view Public Folders; OWA vie... - 25.Mar.2008 9:28:42 AM   
beandip

I figured it out this morning.  On the E2K7 console under Organization Configuration - Mailbox - Address Lists tab I had an extra address list that said Public Folders with a container value \All Contacts.

I have no clue what it was but it rendered no data so I right clicked and removed it.  At that point I was able to run the Set-AddressList command to update the Public Folders address list and now my Outlook clients can view the Public Folders.

(in reply to beandip)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> FIXED - Outlook clients cannot view Public Folders; OWA views them fine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter