• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Fax Probolems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Fax Probolems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fax Probolems - 25.Jun.2002 2:43:00 PM   
komoman

I purchased and used FaxMaker 6.5 under Exchange 5.5 for some time. However the last several months of use I had constant problems with fax reception to the point where I finally abandoned the product even though I very much liked its functionality. I have since upgraded to Exchange 2000 and would still like to have an integrated fax solution. As part of the process I tried using Microsoft Fax to receive and simply deliver the messages via SMTP to Exchange, but ran into similar issues with constantly failing communications.

Ive tried different modems with the same results. When just using fax machines on the same phone lines there are no problems whatsoever. I would invest in the new version of FaxMaker but do not wish to throw money away if all I will see are the same results. Can anyone recommend a course of action? Would a true FAX board (Brooktrout board, etc) make a difference as opposed to standard fax modems? Again, that would be an investment of no small significance to a company our size and I would be leery of making the investment unless I could have a reasonable degree of confidence that it would solve the problems.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Dan
Post #: 1
RE: Fax Probolems - 25.Jun.2002 10:20:00 PM   
StevieB

Hmm...interesting, i experienced similar problems with FAXmaker a while back also, though we also moved to Exchange 2000, and with the move, came rigorous testing of the leading fax solutions, including Faxination, VSI and FAXmaker 9.0 for Exchange 2000, we finally agreed on FAXmaker and have not regretted that decision...yet [Cool]

The latest version is very easy to use and their previous problems with stabilty have been overcome....I think FAXmaker is the better price-features-quality products out there, therefore i'd recommend it....

I still keep track of the other solutions though noticed that many companies are dying out...software is not getting updated as often as it used to...Rightfax and GFI (FAXmaker) seem to be the only two companies actually investing in their faxing solutions, so that's something i suggest you keep in mind for future upgradability.

hope this helps in some way...

regards,
Steve

(in reply to komoman)
Post #: 2
RE: Fax Probolems - 26.Jun.2002 6:49:00 PM   
cravee

For Faxing solutions

Try following products

Omtool Genifax 3.1
Rightfax

(in reply to komoman)
Post #: 3
RE: Fax Probolems - 27.Jun.2002 9:37:00 AM   
KristianKris

Rightfax don't allow trials...
I suggest FAXmaker.... easy to install and configure, then just leave it running...no maintanance....

(in reply to komoman)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Fax Probolems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter