• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Field-Level Conflict Resolution

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Field-Level Conflict Resolution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Field-Level Conflict Resolution - 11.Dec.2003 2:39:00 AM   
mmcev

I have an Exchange 2000 setup here with Outlook 2000 clients that must syncronize with the exchange server to get a copy of contacts for offline use. Currently, if two different fields within the same contact are changed simulateously at two separate locations, upon the next synchronization, two objects replace the old contact. Each with only one of the changed fields updated. Is there any way I can get outlook or exchange to automatically resolve this conflict and update the contact on the server at field level. Meaning it will take the newest field from each of the two clients that are updating and update both fields on the server. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark McEver
Gull Prairie Inc.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Field-Level Conflict Resolution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter