• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Forefront for Exchange discontinued engines error?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> Forefront for Exchange discontinued engines error? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forefront for Exchange discontinued engines error? - 14.Dec.2009 10:14:02 AM   
x0rerror

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone has a clue about this.

Recently upgraded Forefront for Exchange Server to SP2.

Every evening i get 2 emails: here is one

The Sophos Virus Detection Engine scan engine is now obsolete and no longer supported. Updates are no longer available for this engine, and therefore the update check for this engine has been disabled. Please review the scan engines chosen for your scan jobs and make another selection to ensure up-to-date protection. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=152864

EventLog FSCCONTROLLER ID 4086:

The Sophos Virus Detection Engine scan engine is now obsolete and no longer supported. Updates are no longer available for this engine, and therefore the update check for this engine has been disabled. Please review the scan engines chosen for your scan jobs and make another selection to ensure up-to-date protection. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=152864

Question: I have disabled the templates and the engines from within Forefront for exchange;

Should i still be getting these emails / event log warnings?

thanks a bunch.
Post #: 1
RE: Forefront for Exchange discontinued engines error? - 4.Jan.2010 8:25:24 AM   
KirkLashbrook

I get the same two emails every night regarding the "AhnLab Antivirus Scan Engine scan engine is now obsolete and no longer supported".

Checked everywhere in the Notifications GUI and cannot get them to stop.

Annoying...

(in reply to x0rerror)
Post #: 2
RE: Forefront for Exchange discontinued engines error? - 5.Jan.2010 10:21:55 AM   
x0rerror

I noticed that i had left those engines checked in the manual scan sections. ( rarely do i go in that section if ever )

Check the various components ( manual scan / realtime etc ) i'm sure it is left checked in one of them.

take care.

(in reply to KirkLashbrook)
Post #: 3
RE: Forefront for Exchange discontinued engines error? - 5.Jan.2010 10:47:32 AM   
KirkLashbrook

Thanks.. We checked those. Had someone else on my team double-check behind me.

We also checked all the steps listed in the Forefront blog to correct this issue, but no luck:

http://blogs.technet.com/fss/archive/2009/11/16/how-do-i-disable-these-engine-end-of-life-notifications-i-am-receiving-from-antigen-and-forefront.aspx

These are dedicated hub transport servers, no other roles; which I think might be related to this issue.

There's a reghack that can be created to completely disable these "obslete and no longer supported" notifications.

New DWord, set it to 1:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sybari Software\Engines\DisableEOLNotification

I'm going to try that

(in reply to x0rerror)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> Forefront for Exchange discontinued engines error? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter