• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ForestPrep

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> ForestPrep Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ForestPrep - 12.Apr.2006 7:34:56 PM   
leeroy985

I am new to exchange so bare with me.

I am trying to install exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server. When trying to run ForestPrep i get error stating i must be Exchange Full Admin at OU level.

Where do i go to give the admin full exchange admin?

TIA
Post #: 1
RE: ForestPrep - 12.Apr.2006 7:57:32 PM   
de.blackman

Is this the first exchange server you are trying to install in the forest? Make sure you are logged on as the domain administrator who has enterprise and schema administrative rights.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to leeroy985)
Post #: 2
RE: ForestPrep - 12.Apr.2006 7:59:10 PM   
swapatil

Forestprep modify schema configuration of your active directory. To successfully run forestprep u must be a member of following group in u r domain.
Enterprise admin, Domain admin & schema admin

swapnil

(in reply to leeroy985)
Post #: 3
RE: ForestPrep - 12.Apr.2006 8:39:24 PM   
leeroy985

User is member off all of the above groups. A test exchange server was installed before. That server's hard disk went out. So I am trying to reinstall.

(in reply to swapatil)
Post #: 4
RE: ForestPrep - 12.Apr.2006 10:01:08 PM   
leeroy985

See what happen was we installed exchange on a new server to test it out. The hard disk went out on that server. So I replaced the hd, reintalled win03, then was trying to install exchange again. When going through the motions i got the above  error. I am think the problem is b\c we had exchange installed already on network, but hd went out. I am just not sure what to do to fix the problem.

(in reply to leeroy985)
Post #: 5
RE: ForestPrep - 13.Apr.2006 5:15:55 AM   
de.blackman

since you had exchange installed before, does that mean it still exists in active directory or was it removed from the domain? To check, go into AD sites and services, view menu and select show services node. expand services and Microsoft Exchange. Open the properties of the Organization and check the permissions. make sure the admin account you are using is listed there. If you want to start from scratch, delete the entire Microsoft Exchange folder.

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to leeroy985)
Post #: 6
RE: ForestPrep - 13.Apr.2006 5:30:27 AM   
leeroy985

De.blackman.  That was the problem it was still in AD. I removed it and starting from scratch.

Thanks A LOT

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 7
RE: ForestPrep - 20.Apr.2006 11:12:49 AM   
Gunn3r

I got the same problem but there is no MSexchange organization.

Does the install make a log file?

Been at this for 3 days and I cant figure it out...

DCDiag gives these errors:

Starting test: frsevent
       Error 5 accessing FRS eventlog: O acesso ‚ negado.
       ......................... SERVER failed test frsevent
    Starting test: kccevent
       Failed to enumerate event log records, error O acesso ‚ negado.
       ......................... SERVER failed test kccevent
    Starting test: systemlog
       Failed to enumerate event log records, error O acesso ‚ negado.
       ......................... SERVER failed test systemlog

NETDIAG :

DC list test . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed
       Failed to enumerate DCs by using the browser. [ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED]

< Message edited by Gunn3r -- 20.Apr.2006 11:36:36 AM >

(in reply to leeroy985)
Post #: 8
RE: ForestPrep - 20.Apr.2006 7:44:36 PM   
de.blackman

Are you logged on to the domain as the domain administrator who is a member if the Schema admins and enterprise admins group? Make sure you are logged onto the domain on the server as well, because "Error 5" usually is an access denied error.

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to Gunn3r)
Post #: 9
RE: ForestPrep - 21.Apr.2006 1:02:52 AM   
Gunn3r

ok tried with admin.. errors dissapeared but /forestprep same error

probably ask microsoft help on this one... I think there is a problem with the AD but I've been at it for days and nothing ... someone wana look at the setup log file?

Post #: 10
RE: ForestPrep - 21.Apr.2006 1:14:06 AM   
de.blackman

Whats the error you are getting at the very bottom of the setup log file?

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to Gunn3r)
Post #: 11
RE: ForestPrep - 21.Apr.2006 10:16:02 AM   
Gunn3r

sorry big post:  this is a /forestprep   ( /domainprep works ... no errors )

[17:29:11] Entering FVerifyPOP3NotInstalled
[17:29:11]  CService::ScQueryServiceConfig (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\service.cxx:539)
         Error code 0XC0070424 (1060): O serviço especificado não existe como serviço instalado.  ( Translation Serviçe dos not existe as serviçe )
[17:29:11] Service = 'MSSearch' CServiceManager::ScGetServiceInfo (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\tools\svcmgr.cxx:431)
         Error code 0XC0070424 (1060): O serviço especificado não existe como serviço instalado.  ( Translation Serviçe dos not existe as serviçe )
[17:29:11] === IGNORING PREVIOUS ERRORS === ScPRQ_MSSearchIsNotDisabled (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\excommon\prereq.cxx:8737)
         The operation has completed successfully.
[17:29:11] Entering ScGetServerDNSNameFromDS
[17:29:11] Leaving ScGetServerDNSNameFromDS
[17:29:11]  - To install the first Exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mode, you must be an Exchange Full Administrator at the organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange organization using the Exchange Administrative Delegation Wizard. -- ID:64283 --
[17:29:11] Prerequisites for Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services failed: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:
- To install the first Exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mode, you must be an Exchange Full Administrator at the organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange organization using the Exchange Administrative Delegation Wizard.
[17:29:11]  - To install the first Exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mode, you must be an Exchange Full Administrator at the organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange organization using the Exchange Administrative Delegation Wizard. -- ID:64283 --
[17:29:11] The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:
- To install the first Exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mode, you must be an Exchange Full Administrator at the organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange organization using the Exchange Administrative Delegation Wizard.
[17:29:23]  CComBOIFacesFactory::QueryInterface (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\bo\bofactory.cxx:54)
         Error code 0X80004002 (16386): No interface.

< Message edited by Gunn3r -- 21.Apr.2006 10:18:18 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: ForestPrep - 24.Apr.2006 4:19:49 AM   
de.blackman

Make sure SMTP, NNTP, IIS Admin and WWW services are on the server, enabled to automatic and started.

Also take a look at article "You do not have sufficient permissions in the Domain" error message occurs and Exchange Setup does not respond
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319966

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to Gunn3r)
Post #: 13
RE: ForestPrep - 26.Apr.2006 10:46:08 AM   
Gunn3r

All of the above are working...

/domainprep works ... so the user rights should be ok... but /forestprep does not...

If i install it on a new reinstalled domain it works fine so there is something else wrong with the AD. The problem is figureing out what.

Since this is probable an AD problem guess this ends this topic... but if you ppl have ideas plz say.  Dont feel like reinstalling a whole domain.

Thanks for the help. 

Post #: 14
RE: ForestPrep - 26.Apr.2006 7:53:26 PM   
de.blackman

Have you tried running forestprep directly on the Dc that is the Schema Master role holder?

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to Gunn3r)
Post #: 15
RE: ForestPrep - 27.Apr.2006 10:11:17 AM   
Gunn3r

Yes did that... but no same thing happen... that's when I decided to install win2k3 on another pc create a temp domain a see if the exchange install worked, and it did.

I could try to compare the 2 ADs but that would be like searching a needle in a hey stack.

Any more ideas or suggestions?

Post #: 16

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> ForestPrep Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll