• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Forward old emails to user

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> Forward old emails to user Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forward old emails to user - 11.Oct.2002 7:47:00 PM   
teamplex

We are a multi tennant office running win2k and exchange 2000. All tennents run on IMAP to allow backups of there email. MY question is that a user has moved to an outside office (outside our domain) and want his email forwarded to this address. I have figured out how to send all new incoming mail, but it wont send the messages that have already been read and are sitting in his account on the exchange server. He has already left so I cant have him download them, I just want to re-send all of his mail to his new account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Steve
Post #: 1
RE: Forward old emails to user - 11.Oct.2002 8:33:00 PM   
IanT

How about exporting the user Inbox to a .pst file and email it to them, they can import it and volia....just a thought.

Ian

(in reply to teamplex)
Post #: 2
RE: Forward old emails to user - 11.Oct.2002 8:38:00 PM   
teamplex

how would i go about exporting it to a pst file? is that done from in exchange or active directory, sorry for the inexpierienced questions, only got a couple months administering this product.

Steve

(in reply to teamplex)
Post #: 3
RE: Forward old emails to user - 11.Oct.2002 9:03:00 PM   
DaDougInc

To put everything in a PST for this mailbox, you have 2 easy options.

1) grant yourself permission to his mailbox (Q268754 - XADM: How to Assign Full Access to Other User's Mailbox) and then open the mailbox in a new profile using Outlook (Q196996 - OL2000: (CW) How to Manage Multiple Exchange Mailbox Accounts). Next, create a PST and then change the delivery location to this PST (Q195717 - OL2000: (CW) How to Create a New Personal Folders (.pst) File). It should move all objects in this file. Once completed, zip the file and send to the user.

2) Use Exmerge to export all the mail from the mailbox to a PST file. This is the easiest if you are familiar with Exmerge (Q316279 - XGEN: Tools Included with the Exchange 2000 Server CD-ROM)

MORE INFORMATION
Q238777 - OL2000: (CW) Managing a .pst for Two Different Computers
Q292509 - XADM: How to Configure the Administrator Account to Use ExMerge

(in reply to teamplex)
Post #: 4
RE: Forward old emails to user - 11.Oct.2002 10:12:00 PM   
teamplex

I exported it, and everything seemed to work fine just like you described, I know have a pst file i will burn onto a cd and let him have it, he should be able to import it pretty easy from the outlook import wizard right?

Thanks for all your help in making my first post a success.

Steve

(in reply to teamplex)
Post #: 5
RE: Forward old emails to user - 17.Oct.2002 4:53:00 PM   
IanT

quote:
Originally posted by teamplex:
I exported it, and everything seemed to work fine just like you described, I know have a pst file i will burn onto a cd and let him have it, he should be able to import it pretty easy from the outlook import wizard right?

Thanks for all your help in making my first post a success.

Steve

Yep..importing is easy with the wizard...a 4 year old could do it.

Ian

(in reply to teamplex)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> Forward old emails to user Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter