• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Forwarding rules to google apps / gmail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Forwarding rules to google apps / gmail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forwarding rules to google apps / gmail - 26.Sep.2012 12:55:38 PM   
scottkthomson

We have Google Apps for education and are only using Google Docs at the moment (no email). Our staff is on Exchange 2007 and students do not have exchange accounts.

We'd like to start a pilot program to have only students use Gmail.

I'd like to set up a forwarding rule that would basically forward all email to anyuser@ourdomain.org that exchange doesn't know about (i.e. do not have mailboxes) to gmail.

incoming email student@ourdomain.org > no Exchange mailbox > forward to gmail
incoming email staff@ourdomain.org > Exchange mailbox > deliver

Is this a good way to go about this? Is it feasible? How to set up the rule? Can I make a general rule or do I have to do it for each gmail user?

Thanks

S
Post #: 1
RE: Forwarding rules to google apps / gmail - 27.Sep.2012 5:26:55 AM   
MSum

I guess the conditions are pretty straightforward: do a condition or exception on 'to a member of distribution list'. I don't know what you'd do with the action though, that would need to be variable too.

AFAIK, this seems beyond Exchange's native transport rules. But I do know of a 3rd-party program that's pretty good for higher functionality - if you end up needing it.

http://www.exclaimer.com/products/auto-responder/default.aspx

(in reply to scottkthomson)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Forwarding rules to google apps / gmail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter